THE ELEVATOR SCENARIO

After the almost two-hour meeting with Mr Richard, Mr Mendoza, Maine, and Alden they have finally finalize the wedding as well as sign the contract binding the two adults together. They briefly talked about the church, reception, and the arrangements. Both fathers assumed that since the wedding is simply days away, they will hire a wedding planned and coordinator to assist Maine. Despite the sour circumstances of this weeding, a part of Maine relished in the idea of wedding planning. She gave her ideas on her ideal perfect wedding, but she held back on her enthusiasm, she didn't want Alden to assume anything. She reminisced when she was still young, she dreamt and hoped that planning her wedding will be best feeling in the world and especially when she is marrying her dream man. Oh, how different dreams and reality really are.

Alden's blood was boiling listening to the entirety of that meeting, knowing that he must give up his freedom of being an all-time bachelor, just for the company and he struggled to understand why. He's still left confused as to how Maine is suddenly so happy with marriage, he is enraged. Mostly everything that was mentioned in the meeting went in one ear and escaped in the other for Alden. It was already hard for him to concentrate when Maine was in front of him leaning on the table. Alden resisted not looking at her, but all the temptations got the better of him. He wonders how this woman in front of him would taste. He wonders how she would feel underneath him, how she would squirm to get out of his tight hold. He smiles knowing that all his questions could be easily answered with one night on his bed.

Everyone says their goodbyes to one another as folders were closed and contracts were finalized. Maine's father leaves the room first as he had other commitments he needs to tend to and he was followed by Maine shortly after, leaving the two gentlemen. "I'll go ahead na tito, I have errands to run as well" she smiled and gave Richard a hug. She didn't want to seem rude, so she turns to Alden and says "I guess I'll see you around Alden" Maine smiles at him, defeat evident on her face. He simply nods at her greeting, and he studies her face quickly. Regardless of much hate his body is filled with, he cannot deny that this woman will loose much more than him. Sympathy, a feeling so foreign to Alden. He watched as her dad escorts her out of the room and beautifully curved body disappears from his line of sight.

"Dad I'm leaving too; I've got meetings to attend" Alden stood up and faces his father. Richard knew his son wasn't happy with this arrangement, but he knew Alden will eventually give in. He has too he thought to himself. "Alden you simply need to under-" before he could finish his sentence, Alden shuts him down.

"Quite frankly, I want to drown myself in work to distract myself from this atomic bomb you decide to drop on me today" and with that Alden walks away heading straight to the elevator. There he saw her waiting impatiently for the elevator, distracted by her phone. He approached her silently; there he was standing right behind her and so close. He can smell her sweet scent, her pheromones clawing for his self-control to let loose. He knew better than to try and convince her to satisfy his need even just for a night, he can sense she's the type of woman who would prefer commitment. A woman so different to him.

He was snapped away from his thoughts when the elevator door open. Maine walks in still oblivious to the man standing behind her. Once she turns around, upon entering the elevator she is baffled that Alden is standing right in front of her. Oh god please close these stupid doors now she said to herself. With that, the doors began slowly closing and she sighed lowly realizing that she won't be sharing the elevator with the intimidating man right in front of her. Her relief came as quick as it left.

In just a mere moment, Alden stuck out his hand in between the remaining gap of the elevator doors and walk straight in. He placed himself to the side of Maine, his arms folded on chest looking at the women in front of him. Maine's heartbeat is now flying through the roof, she's confused as to why he's bothering to join her in this enclosed space if he hated her so much, when he could easily just get on the next one. As the doors closed Maine pressed the ground floor button, trapping them both. Not bothering to even look at him she asks, "did you need something?" her eyes looking forward, trying her best to ignore the man whose eyes are wandering the entirety of her body.