DARKNESS

DON'T BE A SILENT READER, VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE

SAY YOU WON'T LET GO

JAMES ARTHUR

MAINE'S P.O.V

I stare, all I do is stare as rejection consumes my mind, body and soul. Sitting cross legged on the floor at the foot of my bed, I once again wonder why. Wonder why this is happening, wonder why I've let myself fall in the pits of hell filled with sorrow once more, when I was already resurrected. Looking at the white wall in front of me, I am jealous with it's simplicity. I was once that simple, that pure, that untainted with the sins I have committed yet we have no choice but to accept our faults as it's gloom overcasts the white beauty from the innocence of our past is left behind.

Looking at the folder, I dare not to touch nor open in fear that all this could be my reality, not just a whirlwind dream that I am bound to wake up from in the safety of the arms of my husband. Dreadfully, I executed the deed of not only lying but hurting Alden when I promise in front of God that I will do no such thing. People are bound to rise up to their mistake and right what is wrong, but tell me how do I recover from a mistake that it is meant to kill me slowly. I have no right to complain, I can only imagine how he feels.

I'm worried, he self destructs and all I know is that he could be anywhere right now with a women in bed pleasuring the night away to forget me. As much as I don't want to happen, from the short amount of time I have gotten to know him I was able to understood how he dealt with situations that is beyond his control. The hunger of revenge fills him and the last thing I want is for that to happen.

Scrabbling off the floor, I found my bag and look for my phone. I saw the name I needed to talk to but my fear of rejection slows me down on calling him. Everyone hates you, no one wants to be involved with a cheater like you. Disgusting whore go kill yourself . Closing my eyes, mustering all my remaining confidence yet I pressed to call, and to my surprise I hear a response.

"Maine?"

"Je sorry, kailangan ko yung tulong mo please" The desperation in my voice loud and clear.

"I can't do that, alam mo ba kung gano mo sinasaktan si Al-" I didn't want to hear it, I didn't want to hear how badly I fucked up.

"Je please let me explain, you guys came in the wrong moment ayaw niya akong bit-" he cuts me off.

"Wrong moment?" He judges me. "You had your fucking tongue down his throat Maine! Anong klase kang asawa para magawa mo yun at syaka best friend niya yun, ano ba naman Maine" I deserve that, not an ounce of sympathy should be given to me and I understood that.

"Alam ko" clutching my stomach I feel the burning pain of loss, but I do not let him know.

"Sorry Maine but you fucked up massively" He sighs, I know how much Jerald and Sam wanted a happy ending for the both of us.

"How is he doing?" my voice so quiet and broken.

"Worse" With that simple response, I exactly knew what he meant. I needed to fix this once and for all.

"Alam ko na I am the last person you would want to see, but please Je I need to fix it or this whatever you call it" There, once and for all I have made the move to fix the mistake I created.

"I'm not helpi-" His reply is cut short with mine.

"I'm not asking for your help, gusto ko lang sabihin sayo yung totoo para naman maintindihan mo" I sighed, the silence on the other side of the line decreases my hope. For it to be only broken with his voice.

"Cafe Rouge, 2pm tomorrow don't be late" His voice hard and stern.

"Th-" Without completing my gratitude towards him, he ends the call. I don't let that bother me, because he has let me explain my side of the story.

I feel please with my bravery of trying to untangle myself with the chains that is dragging me to the pits of hell. Yet, as fast as that positive self acknowledgement came, it disappeared as fast with the thought of Alden's wellbeing. My love for him is my motivation, my goal once again is to love him and for it to reciprocated.

However, as for now I'll just be loving him from a distance.

ALDEN'S P.O.V

2 bottles down, 5 to go I tell myself after somehow completing to drown myself in this addictive substance. I look down squinting, trying my best to somehow recognise the drink that has somehow masked the pain away, better yet it numbed my body from the tips of my toes till the ends of my hair.

What a perfect solution, god bless this amazing drink

Noticing how drenched I am, i question if this substance is water. Looking to my left and right i somehow try my best to identify the surroundings i'm in, noticing the  glass windows enveloping the whole apartment. The only source of light seeping through is from the busy streets below, trying my best to stand up still holding the bottle in my hand i manage to drag my feet until i feel the coldness of window on my fingertips. How beautiful i say to myself looking at the crowded streets, flashbacks begun to invade my mind.

"Love, tignan mo sila ang saya nila nakakaingit naman. I really love the view from here, parang nasa sky tayo sobrang taas nakakatakot masyado" mostly the whole of her body is pressed up against the window, i chuckle lowly at her face being scrunched up from the pressure she's applying.

"Para kang bata Maine, bakit hindi ba tayo masaya? Hindi kaba masaya kapag kasamo mo ako?" I turn to her raising my eyebrows challenging the beautiful women in front of me.

"Sus ano kaba! I'm not saying that Alden, I meant it as sana masaya tayo palagi walang mga arguments parang ganun. Ikaw talaga pabebe" I playfully pout at her response, she chuckled and continued to say "halika ka nga dito" I follow what she says and hug her from behind making sure I press my body against her back, feeling the warmth and comfort she always provides for me.

"Alam mo mahal, hindi dapat 'sana' kasi alam ko na palagi tayong masaya, marami man tayong tampuhan alam ko na babalik din tayo sa isat isa. Bakit ko naman bibitawan yung isang dahilan kung bakit masaya ako?" I follow through with what i say by kissing her deeply.

She deceived me, how could she even look at me straight and tell me she loved me when in fact she never did. All she wanted was to use me and break me, how could someone be that evil. I gave her everything she wanted.
I professed my love in front of her, in front of everyone and in front of God and she repays me by making out with my best friend. I wonder if she's now happy, she can be with the person who she wanted to be with in the first place, Jake. Just the mention of his name triggers the inner beast in me to beat the shit out of him until his face is mangled and unrecognisable, however that still wont bring me pleasure, killing him would though in fact.

This is what they wanted, for me to break and let loose and so if thats what they want me to be, then that's what they'll get.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

ALDUB YOU👋🏼