Chapter Eight

Jax's POV:

After school I decided to headed over to my parent's house. I needed to tell them the great news. I knew that they would be excited and happy. There was one thing that made me a bit nervous though. Chloe was human. Not that I had a problem with that, obviously. And I didn't think that my parents would either. But for as long as I could remember, no one in our family, or even in our pack, had ever been mated with a human. I wasn't completely sure how my father, of all people, was going to take it.

Pulling off of the main road through town, I took a small, worn down dirt road. The road was pleasantly familiar and I enjoyed the sound of my tires as they crunched their way towards my parent's house. Finally I saw an opening from the dense trees that surrounded the road. A house came into view. It was a large, two story log house. Flowers were in bloom around it, making a bright contrast from the dark brown of the wood. Parking my car in fromt I climbed out. The porch that sat in front of the house was large and open, and as I climbed the steps to the front of it they gave a welcoming creaking sound. Inhaling deeply I took in the familar smell of my childhood home. Not bothering to knock, I opened the front door and stepped inside.

I was instantly hit with the smell of apples and cinnamon. My mom was baking. I had showed up at the right time. Peeking into the living room I saw that it was empty and so continued my way towards the kitchen where I could hear humming and the sound of dishes clanging against each other.

"Mom?" I called out.

"In the kitchen," she yelled.

Walking into the bright, open room I saw my mom. She was bent over the counter, using a rolling pin to flatten out some dough. Her long, blonde hair was pulled up into a messy bun, but a few stray hairs had fallen loose and were hanging in her face. Her brown eyes lit up as she saw me. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw flour on her face. She was so messy when she made anything, but she was such a good cook.

"Jax! What a surprise! What brings you by? You and your father don't have to patrol until tomorrow. There isn't a pack meeting tonight, is there?" she asked.

"Hey mom. No there isn't a meeting tonight. I actually came by becuase there is something I need to talk to you and dad about," I said a bit awkwardly.

"Of course dear," she said sitting down her rolling pin and putting the stray hairs behind her ears. "Is everything alright?" she asked nervously.

"Everything is fine," I assured her, giving her my best smile.

"Well your father is in his study. I think he is going over some stuff about dealing with expanding our lands to hold our newest members," she said wiping her hands before walking into the hallway and stopping at the foot of the stairs. "John! Could you come down here please?" she called up the stairs before walking back into the kitchen to stand beside me. It wasn't long before I could hear footsteps from above. They were heavy and a bit loud, but then again, every noise was amplified in this house. Finally my dad walked into the kitchen.

He smiled brightly at my mother and I as he entered. My dad is a very large, very tall man. He was a good bit taller than I was, and I'm easily over 6 feet tall. He has broad shoulders and he is packed with muscle. If you didn't know him, you would more than likely find him to be the scariest person you've ever met. But my dad, as intimidating as he looked, was extremely big hearted. He would do anything for his family and for his pack. This is why he made such an excellent alpha. He walked over and pecked my mother on the cheek. His dirty blonde hair sat neatly on his head. His hazel eyes were warm as he took me in.

"Son. What are you doing here? I didn't expect to see you until patrol tomorrow night," he said.

"Well I have something that I need to tell the two of you," I said, keeping eye contact with the both of them.