Two

Gabriel's P.O.V. 

I watched her walk away from me, and back into the hallway that led to his office. I hated bringing her here. She wasn't insane, she just needed some help. I frowned as I looked back on what happened. Her father was her rock, her everything, and when he passed... well she wasn't the same. She became depressed, looking for reasons not to go anywhere. Of course her mother bought it, not thinking twice about what was happening.

Hailey began to cut herself, take pills. She was never at school, she was falling behind. Soon she attempted to cut her wrists open, but I stopped her. I was the one who came into that house and saw her with the knife; I took it from her immediately. I threw the knife across the floor, and she chased it. I held her to me so tightly, I didn't think she could breathe. I didn't care, she's my best friend, and she needed me. Never again will I let her feel lonely, I'm never going to be that guy that ditches her.

Her mother is never home, so I'm always there with her. Her mother works for a big time printing company in Pittsburgh, so some nights she doesn't even leave the office. It wasn't the greatest situation in the world, but it could be worse.

My family is very laid back. My father is a lawyer, my mother a chef. They don't care if I stay at her house, or if she stays at mine. They love Hailey, I mean why wouldn't you? She's perfect, or to me she is. Her long black hair, her muscular build, and don't get me wrong she is packing it where it counts too, god she makes me smile like no other. Her deep green eyes, like emeralds, her lips, full and pink. I could kiss them all day if she'd let me. But after her dad died, her eyes dimmed, her smile wasn't seen very much. She became angry at everything, and everyone. When the depression seemed to subside within her it was overtaken by anger. She wasn't happy anymore, she was just pissed off.

I'm not one to talk about anger, I've been angry before, but never like she has. When the doctors cleared her, she came back to school, punched the biggest guy she could find in the face for whistling at her. He had a bloody nose, and her knuckles bruised. She got in no trouble, he played it off like he got in a legit fight outside of school.

My cousin stays with me as well. His dad is overseas, so he crashed with us. He loves picking and biting at Hailey, it gives him pleasure. And it ticks her off, knowing she doesn't take any medications that they give her, I need to be with her. Today she almost whooped his ass for slamming a locker. She's a ticking time bomb, with a very short fuse.

"Did you want any water or tea? This could be awhile Gabe." Martha asked looking at me as I sat in thought.

"No thanks Martha, I'm good just waiting here." I laughed.

She smiled and nodded her head, had I been here that much that the receptionist knows my name? Then a yell from within the office took me out of my trance, and I sighed. It was emotions day apparently, and she doesn't handle those well.