Nine

Gabriel's P.O.V.

She wasn't angry anymore. She seemed happy, and I don't know how after one day she was totally fine. She walked with her head high, and whenever my cousin talked to her she was sweet as can be. It was extremely weird.

My cousin saw the difference too, he asked me what was wrong with her. I shrugged and walked to class with them. The day went on and she was peppy, happy. Not the girl I loved.

"Where are you today?" I whispered as she kissed me.

"What do you mean?"

Against my car door, she was looking up at me. She was smiling and her lip were a little puffy. I smiled down at her, and then got serious. She stopped smiling, and she looked confused.

"You aren't you today babe. I don't know who this girl is."

"I'm actually very happy, is it wrong to be happy?"

"No, but it's weird. And I want my rebellious Hailey back. It's been weird since Elizabeth."

"I heard my name?" a voice said from behind me.

"Elizabeth?" she asked looking from behind me.

She was wearing a short black dress, and she smiled at her. She came forward and hugged Hailey. And then my cousin came up to me, and looked at Elizabeth once, and laughed.

"Dude, when did we get a new boy here?"

"Excuse me?" Elizabeth said.

"Sup bro, I'm Rich."

She punched him straight in the face. And a crack rang through the parking lot. Rich Enfield had just had his nose broken, by Elizabeth. He cried out and held his bleeding face.

"I've always wanted to do that." Hailey whispered.

"What the fuck!" I yelled coming towards Elizabeth, but Hailey stood in my way.

"Rich deserved it." She snapped.

"Gabe, I need a doctor!" Rich yelled at me.

"We're talking about this later" I said to Hailey as Rich hopped in my car.

Hannah's car horn honked and Hailey smiled at her. She hugged Elizabeth and said something, causing her to nod her head. Hailey drove off with Hannah, and Elizabeth jogged away into the street. As I drove Rich to the Doctor, I wondered where Hailey was going.