Thirteen

Gabriel's P.O.V.

This was insane. I swear if I wake up and this is a dream, I'm going to be so happy. But I didn't wake up. Hailey still sat next to me in the truck as I drove to her Grandmothers. She had the sternest look on her face, and I was worried. As I parked, she jumped out and went through the door. I walked in behind her, and was immediately hugged by Stephanie. I pushed her off softly, and went into the kitchen, looking at her Grandmother just watching me.

"You released Hyde." she growled at Hailey.

"Yes."

"Girl you are as stupid as they get."

"Watch your mouth." I snapped at the old woman.

"You do not speak to me like that Utterson. You hid it from me. I could've brought him back with it."

"You never deserved it." I said angry, "He asked me to hide it from you. You would've been driven mad. Not like you aren't already crazy enough."

"Jekyll never asked you to do anything!" she yelled standing.

"Oh you would know now wouldn't you?"

"Hyde asked you to hide it."

I didn't know what I was saying, it was like someone else had taken over my body. But it was working. Hailey was downstairs, cooking up something to counteract the evil within Elizabeth.

"And if he did? He had good intentions for once in his god forsaken life."

"You bastard. My husband needed that potion to keep living."

"No, he didn't. The potion was what was killing him. Hyde took the potion and hid it from Jekyll. In the end he did a good deed to kill one more person."

She was walking closer and closer, seeming to get more fragile with every step. I looked down at her as she got closer. Her lip was curled up, and her eyes were angry.

"You didn't deserve to keep him old hag. He was dying, you injected him with so much. Killing him. You began the kill, and Hyde finished it."

"No."

"You were the one feeding him those oddly colored potions and foods for his meals. You were the one here that night that Hyde came and slipped him some poison. You were here."

"No, no, no!" she screamed and threw out her arms.

I jumped back, pushing her to the ground. She fell with a thud, and looked at me, angry. I smiled, and Hailey looked at her Grandmother on the ground.

"Gram?"

"Hailey, no." I said sternly.

She backed into my chest, and I kissed her neck. She held a vile of black liquid and I touched it. She smiled at me, looking down at her grandmother.

"I'm going to fix this." she said softly turning and walking out of the house.

"See ya Gram." I said running behind her.

We drove towards the hospital, and she held the vile tightly. I touched her hand softly and she smiled, not looking at me. We parked and then ran into the building. The nurse said visiting hours were over, but if we were family we could go in. Hailey convinced her that we were the children on Lanyon. As we walked to the elevator, we looked around. It was too dark. The elevator opened, and we got on. The light was dim, we got off and ran to his room.

"She's here." Hailey whispered stopping short.

We looked at someone standing over Lanyon, her figure small. And her eyes red, glowing with anger. She paced in the room, waiting for something. Then she stopped and smiled. Her teeth so white we could see them in the dark. I looked at Hailey, and half the vial was gone. She had drank it. I looked back at Elizabeth, and she was coming towards the door. I took the vial from Hailey, and she walked into the room.

"Elizabeth?" she asked innocently.

"Did you come to see him die?"

"What? No!"

"That's too bad, because that's what I'm here for."

"Elizabeth." She said, "No."

Elizabeth turned from Hailey laughing, and smirked when Lanyon stirred in the bed. I stood in the doorway, the vile behind my back. I walked in slowly, and handed it to Hailey.

"Ah, prince charming." Elizabeth growled.

I looked at her angry, and she smiled. Hailey got closer, and stood next to her. Elizabeth put a hand on her shoulder, and Hailey nodded. As Elizabeth pulled out the scalpel from her pocket, she began to open her mouth to speak. Hailey shoved the vile to her lips, and forced the liquid into her mouth. As she fell backwards, she tried to spit it out. Hailey covered her mouth, and rubbed her throat, forcing her to swallow. She gasped pushing Hailey off.

She growled tasting what she had just drank. Her eyes went wide, and she went for Hailey's neck. I grabbed Elizabeth and threw her against the wall. Her eyes glowed red, but then they faded to black. And her teeth turned black, her body black. I backed away, letting her fall to the ground. She melted, literally turned into black liquid. And then it began to move, towards Hailey. And I stood and watched as all the evil flowed back into her body.