10

Phil's POV

"Can we talk?" Dan stood in the doorway of my bedroom.

"Yeah, come in."

Dan walked in and sat in front of me on my bed. "I'm dating Megan."

I paused. "I thought I told how I felt about that."

"You did. But I don't think you really know her yet."

I looked down at my laptop.

"I think you guys would get along great if you tried."

"What if I don't want to try?"

"Why would you?" He gave me a look of confusion.

I closed my laptop.

"It wouldn't matter if I told you."

"Phil, you know it would."

"When I kissed you earlier, it wasn't an accident. I have feelings for you." I swallowed a lump in my throat.

"Are you jealous?"

"Yeah Dan. Maybe I am." My eyes grew watery. "You kissed me back, Dan. Did that not mean a damn thing?" A tear fell from my eye.

"When you kissed me, it felt right. When I kissed you, it felt wrong." Dan looked away from me.

"How does that make any sense?"

"I thought the same thing. But when Megan and I kissed for the first time, it felt like a million tiny fireworks exploding in my stomach. It was like the first bite of warm pie from the oven. It was different, Phil. I think that's why I like her."

"Will you.... kiss me again?" I asked him shyly.

Dan leaned forwards and put his forehead on mine. His eyes were closed and he tilted his head. His lips were so soft. I wanted to keep kissing him. I put my hands on his cheeks and he broke the kiss.

"Dan." I whispered.

"I want to love you, but I can't." Dan was crying.

He was actually crying.