5

Dan's POV

"Hey Phil, wanna watch a movie?"

"Yeah." He smiled

I held up our box set of Hayao Miyazaki movies and asked Phil to pick one. It started playing and I got comfortable, sinking into the couch.

"Dan."

I looked over at Phil holding his mug of hot chocolate. He was always adorable.

"Yeah?"

"I" he paused. "Might've lied to you earlier."

I cocked my head, "what are you talking about?"

Its Phil. It has to be something innocent. He probably used my soap or ate all my cereal.

"It wasn't the neighbor. Megan came by looking for you." He put his mug on the table and cuddled into a pillow. I could tell he sincerely guilty for lying.

A moment of silence went by.

"Dan, are you mad at me?"

"No. I mean, I was looking forward to getting a new start with her."

Phil looked at me.

"A sober one." I chuckled. "But I am dissapointed that you lied to me."

Phil buried his face into the pillow.

"Hey, I didn't say I was mad. That's just not the Phil I know." I stretched over and put my face on his pillow.

Phil looked up and our faces were as closer as ever. I looked into ocean blue eyes and just heard his laughter. He smiled at me and I slowly glanced at his lips.

*ring ring*

"I have to take this, I'll be back." I hopped off the couch and took my phone from my back pocket. "Hey Megs."