Chapter 19

"Sage, do you even know where you're going?" Sara sighed as they passed the same store.

Sage scowled at her sister, "Of course I do....I think."

Sara sighed and grabbed the map, she quickly found the apartment building and dragged her sister along. She rolled her eyes as Sage grumbled about pain in the ass twin and confusing map.

Once they finally reached the apartment building, Sara searched for the room number.

"Got it! Let's go!" She beamed.

Sage continued scowling at her sister, "Bitch."

"Awe, don't get all grumpy just because I have a better sense of direction." Sara chuckled.

"You're still a bitch."

Sara rolled her eyes, "You are definitely our father's daughter."

"Whatever."

Once they finally reached the woman's door they stared at it.

"You knock on it." Sara mumbled.

Sage frowned, "No, you do it."

"No, you."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Fine. Bitch."

Sara shook her head as Sage angrily knocked on the door. After waiting for a few minutes a woman opened it, frowning at them.

"May I help you?" She asked.

"You know, it's dangerous to open your door like-

"Yes, we need to know about the skin-walkers. We're Dimitri's daughters." Sara said, cutting Sage off.

The woman chuckled, "I can tell. Of course, come in."

Sage scowled at her sister again as they walked into the woman's apartment. Both of the girls looked around, both of them were in awe of the place. They weren't expecting Persephone to have such a wonderful apartment.

They took their seats as Persephone grabbed her's. She sighed as she ran her hand through her hair.

"I heard about Jason taking Dimitri." She said as she took a sip of her water.

Sage nodded, "That's why we're here. What...what even started all of this?"

"Well, for the whole skin-walker race, it was just us being our natural selves. Greedy. Thirsty for power. I'm more of a loner though, I could careless about all of that power." She explained.

"But with Jason...it's a deeper reason. His family were taken in by a pack of werewolves, known as the Summit Pack. They were nice at first, but then started treating them like slaves. Jason was too young at the time, so only his parents were slaves. Then, when Jason was only five, they killed his parents right front of him. The men raped his mother before finishing her and his father was tortured before being killed."

"He was then forced to be a slave, he grew up being bullied. When he reached the age of nineteen, he left. He killed the pack's alpha and disappeared. He has so much anger and hatred for the werewolf race that I doubt it'll ever leave him." She sighed.

"He was always such a smart boy, always tried looking at the bright side of things. Even though he was bullied by them, he would help them. He saved a few of the pack's pups from rogues. His reward, he could have one extra meal."

Tears were now running down Persephone's cheeks as she remembered everything.

"They crushed his spirit, turned his heart to stone and made his soul dark. There's still some good in him, but it's deep down. In that one speck of light on his soul. In that spot where he still silently hopes he could be loved one day. But he doesn't know anything about love. He doesn't even believe in the words I love you. They destroyed him."

Sara frowned, "How do you know all of this?"

Persephone looked at her with the most heartbroken expression she has ever seen.

"I'm his aunt."