Chapter 22

Jason walked down into the dungeons, making sure every guard wasn't around. When he reached Dimitri's cell he quickly walked in and unchained the king.

Dimitri stood on his feet and followed Jason, keeping himself back from shifting and running.

"You know, I'm not the type to forgive..." Dimitri sounded.

Jason frowned, "What?"

"I don't like forgiving people, but I can see some good in you, kid."

Jason didn't say anything as he lead Dimitri out.

He poked his head out of the building's doors before motioning for Dimitri to continue following him. When they were halfway to the border of their territory a coyote like howl sounded.

Jason's eyes widened, "Run."

Dimitri frowned, "What?"

"RUN!"

Dimitri didn't hesitate to shift and take off, sprinting through the forest as fast as a bullet. Jason growled when someone jumped on him and pinned him down.

"Clarissa, over here!" The man shouted.

Jason growled again, "Benjamin, get off of me."

"No can do, traitor." Benjamin snarled back.

Clarissa smiled as she walked over to him and knelt beside him. She shoved Benjamin off before grabbing Jason by his hair. She chuckled at the annoyed look on his face.

"Such a shame you decided to grow a heart. You were such a great leader." She sighed, feigning sorrow.

Jason glared at her, "Such a shame I was stupid enough to trust you."

"You're still pretty stupid too." She sighed.

"Ben, the knife."

Benjamin handed her the dagger and watched, silently, as she plunged it into Jason's side. Jason screamed as she twisted it, a sadistic smile plastered on her face.

She pulled the dagger up, causing even more damage and pain for him. She then twisted it again, enjoying his screams. When she decided enough was enough she yanked it out and allowed him to drop back on to the ground.

She then grabbed a small vile of a blue liquid and poured it on his wound. Jason screamed again, desperately trying to shove her away.

"Now, it definitely won't heal quickly." She chuckled.

"Ben, Derek, take him to the cliff hanging over the river. Tie him up with silver chains and leave him there with no shirt. He can starve to death." She ordered.

Both men nodded and roughly grabbed him, forcing him to his feet. Jason spit up blood as he stumbled through the woods.

When they reached the cliff they forced him to his knees and wrapped the silver chain around him. They then tied him to a large wooden pole.

"She didn't say we couldn't beat him up, right?" Derek asked.

Benjamin smirked, "No, she didn't."

Jason spit out the blood as the men walked away, laughing. He hung his head and for the first time in years....

He cried.