★★★★☆ Party Poison

For people who find the ways (hehe sorry) of My Chemical Romance confusing, let me explain.

My Chemical Romance is a rock band who themes every album they release. Their first album I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love they were relatively normal, emo people. No crazy make up or matching outfits. Just black hair and black clothing. It was at their second album Three Cheers for a Sweet Revenge, that they started getting crazy.

They wore black clothing with blood red ties, rimmed their eyes with red eyeshadow. Essentially, the theme was vampires. And the music was emo, but in a less morbid but weirder way.

Their third album was The Black Parade and yet again, they wore black. The lead singer dyed his hair white, they wore dark marching band clothing, sang about death.

Their second last album is where this image come in. The album was called Danger Days: The True Lives of the Killjoys. They abandoned their all-black pledge, their morbid music and traded it for a comic book. They created a story line where they were a group of futuristic outlaws called the Killjoys, fighting an evil that controlled the population. Each member had their own brightly coloured superhero outfits and superhero names.

So I have drawn a portrait of the two brothers in the band, Gerald and Mikey Way. Gerald is the lead singer and is the one that I have posted today and his code name is Party Poison. And, no, it is not a reference to All Those Sleeping song. If you even know that song.

I will be posting the second half of the diptic, the portrait of Mikey, tomorrow.

(Fyi, a diptip is a name of a two-part artwork. I o ly learnt that this year, so don't feel bad for not knowing that, if you didn't. )

REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND VOTE

♥ Jamie Edge