Chapter Nineteen

I took out my favourite pair of sandals, sat down on the bed and put them on thus completing my outfit. A plain pair of white jeans, the sandals and a pretty white blouse. I liked it, it was suitable for the brunch I was attending with Mckenzie's parents.

I stood up and started working on my hair. I thought a simple high ponytail would look good, clean and sleek. As I did my hair Arianna walked into our shared bedroom. I glanced at her, she wore the same dress she wore the day before when she left for her date with Ryan.

"Ooooh." I teased. "Looks like somebody just went through the walk of shame." She stuck her tongue out at me.

"Whatever." She blushed. Her dark hair was up in a messy bun and all of her make-up was removed.

"So I take it the date went well?" I asked, finished with my hair. Arianna went over to the bed and sat on the edge. She sighed heavily and threw herself back onto the covers.

"It was amazing...he was amazing...amazing." She said dreamily. I chuckled.

"I can officially say that you are in love." I teased.

"It's too early for such." She shot up quickly. "But I definitely like him, a lot." She confirmed.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah! I mean, he's sweet, he's funny, he's actually so smart and oh my soul, he has a killer bod too. Like he's a freaking catch!" Arianna declared.

"I'm glad you like him because he seems to like you a lot." I went over to the bed and sat next to her.
Arianna put her feet up onto the bed, crossing her legs neatly. She blinked a couple of times as she looked at me, her expression had softened a lot. "What?" I asked.

"Doesn't it bother you?" she asked.

"What?"

"Having to hide your relationship." Her reply sent my heart into a frenzy as goosebumps popped up all over my skin.

"What?" I mustered out. I was looking at her, my mouth agape.

"I mean you and Mason, doesn't it bother you that you have to hide the fact that you guys are together?"

I was about to say a whole lot of nothing when Connor popped his head into the room.

"Hey, let's go, I don't wanna be late." He said.

"Gimme a sec." I said waving him off.

"Now, Kylie." He demanded. I groaned and rose from the bed. I spoke to Arianna.

"We need to talk when I get back." I said softly.

"Clearly." She replied simply. I turned and left the bedroom, following Connor who was already out the front door.

I got into the back of his car, Mckenzie was riding shotgun while Connor sat in the driver's side.

"All ready?" Mckenzie asked. Connor smiled and nodded.

"Yeah." I mumbled, my voice was barely audible. Connor started the car and we pulled away from the curb and headed away from the house.

We were all going to have brunch with Mckenzie's parents. They had come down for Mckenzie's dress fitting, she still hadn't found a dress and she refused to look for one without her mom. I was trying desperately to focus on what was going on, trying to keep up with Connor and Mckenzie's conversation but in the end I had stopped speaking and my mind had drifted off.