Yamaguchi - Too Late

~ the last words your soulmate will say to you are written on your wrist ~
-:-:-:-:-:-

You, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi strolled out of the movie theatre that night, laughing and exchanging theories about the movie.

"Okay but did anyone else catch the hint of racism? Like '90% of our population is prey, so why not just get rid of the rest'?" You stated.

"Yes!" Yamaguchi exclaimed. "They were trying to blame all the crimes and "savage" acts on the predators, telling the public that they were dangerous and to cut them off from society. How does Disney come up with this stuff?"

"You guys are childish." Tsukki scoffed, then looked away. "My only concern is how an otter was considered a predator."

"You liked it, I know you did." You said hugging Tsukishima's arm. "You're only smiling on the inside."

You and Tsukishima had been going out for almost a year now, but the three of you had been best friends since grade school. You knew you loved Tsukki, and you assumed that Tsukki loved you, but what you didn't know was that a certain someone's heart wrenched every time he saw you do these things, wishing that he could be in Tsukki's place...

Yamaguchi looked down at his feet as you two walked ahead of him There was only room on the sidewalk for two people to walk side by side, so he let you guys take the lead.

You and Tsukishima were talking about whether to get ice cream or not before going home, before an unexpected hand grabbed your wrist and pulled you into an ally.

Tsukishima followed immediately, but Yamaguchi was still caught up by his feet until he heard "...aguchi, HEY! WE NEED TO HELP (Y/N)!"

Yamaguchi's snapped his head forward and followed Tsukishima's movements until he figured out the situation. He followed pursuit and saw a gun pointed at your head.

"Move a mescle 'nd yer precious gurlfriend will have her head blown to bits." The man said, obviously under-educated about proper grammar (smh dude stay in school kids)

"Don't TOUCH HER!" Tsukishima angrily yelled, throwing himself at the man. The man pointed the gun at Tsukishima.

Everything moved in slow motion.

You heard the gunshot. Blood was rushing from Tsukishima's head as he started falling lifeless to the ground, along with the wounded attacker. You felt hands, familiar hands, carry you away from the scene. He set you down outside the alley, and that's when you realized, this is real.

Things were back to normal as you started to hyperventilate next to Yamaguchi. He didn't know what to do to calm you down, so he just hugged you.

"(Y/N), I'm sorry this happened, be we can't stay here. Let's go home."

Your eyes widened at the words. Those were the words written on your forearm. You had it wrong this whole time.

You looked behind Yamaguchi to see the almost unconscious man pointing his gun in your direction, leaning towards you.

"Yamaguchi I'm sor-!" Bang.

But the bullet didn't hit you.

It hit Yamaguchi.

And now you were the only one left.

You would be the one to suffer of loneliness.

You would be the one to blame for not realizing until it's too late.

You were the one who was so naive that you couldn't see what was right in front of you.

You were the one who waited until it was too late.

-:-:-:-:-:-
AHHHHHHH ANGST GALORE IM SO SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE MEE

on a lighter note, hello, how are you.

in the time I was gone, I ran in track (got nothing), got sick because we ran at 9pm in cold conditions, still sick after like 5 days, best friend's birthday went by, and took the biggest English test out of he entire year. yeah, you could say i've been pretty busy, so sorry for the late updates.

also friendly reminder that i do take requests, just message me the character and au idea and i'll get it going for you.

also almost 1k reads??? this is literally the best thing thank you so much for reading my one-shots, i didn't think this book was going to grow that fast!

i hope you enjoyed it! remember to vote if you liked the story!

Instagram: hyperhiinata
Tumblr: dilisnotonphire