Haunting

LACIE'S POV:

"You sure about this Cici?" Skylar asked, climbing into the front seat of my parent's Mercury. Micha and Phoenix climbed on the back of his seventy nine Kawasaki motorcycle, following Skylar and I while Alex and Valkyrie drove auntie Ells truck. "I mean c'mon, Xavier is only eleven now..." "And you, Phoenix and the twins were newborns. The only ones who really remember anything, besides the adults, are Micha and I." I growled, ending any and all arguments between the two of us. "I'm sorry." He whispered quietly, staring out the window. "Guys... it's about a thirty hour drive... we're gonna have to pull over once we reach Missouri..." Valkyrie's voice said through the CB radio, "Copy cat." I said, letting Halsey's voice pour from the speakers.

KATRINA'S POV:

Ellie, Gabriel, Ambriel and Zadkiel were out, still looking for Lucifer. "Ya know. With the world burning, the Croatoan virus running free and all of hell's finest running the joint... you'd think it'd be great!" The blue eyed bitch growled, Sam and the rest of my family were still unconscious. "Oh don't worry, they're dreaming beautiful dreams." She growled, grabbing me by my chin and slamming my head against the wall. Suddenly I was back at the bunker, asleep in Sammy's arms. "Mommy!" Valkyrie cried as she jumped on the bed, "C'mon mommy get up!" She giggled, I quickly jumped up. "Whats wrong baby?" "It's Christmas mommy!" I eyed her oddly, opening the curtain to see the world wasn't a burning, crumbling mess. It was beautiful, a soft blanket of snow on the ground. "Mommy... are you alright?" Valkyrie asked as she hugged my waist, "Ya babygirl... I'm fine."I whispered as I hugged her back. And yet something's off....

LACIE'S POV:

We pulled over on the side of the highway, Micha and Phoenix chained the bike to the truck and climbed into the mercury. "I guess we'll crash here." Alex asked over the CB, "Yes. It's the only safe place. All the cities are a burning, corrupt, demonic mess." I said, curling into a ball in the front seat. Sleep quickly washed over us.

Auntie Kat and Fina were strung up by their wrists, a IV tube was full of blood and dripping into a bag. My father and Crowley were dead on the floor. Tears pricked my eyes as I gently pulled my aunts down from the ceiling. "Wake up." I whispered roughly, shaking Katrina by her shoulders. "Please wake up..." I pleaded as Micha hugged me. Skylar stared at Dad's body in shock, silent tears streaking down his face. "Wake up." I asked again, hugging my aunt. Phoenix cried over her father's dead body, a angsty scream flew from her small frame.

I woke up with a few tears still caught in my eyes. "You good Cici?" Nixxy asked, rubbing a small circle in my back. "Ya." I nodded, "I just had a nightmare, that's all." I blinked to see the highway was smothered in a cloud of thick ash. "Looks like we're stuck in the car today." Micha grumbled, I nodded and started the car. "Breaker, breaker. The birds are flying south." I said, I watched Ell's truck lights flash three times, telling me they were ready to roll.

The further down the road we traveled the more shadow figures seemed to appear from the smog. "I'm not the only ones seeing these things, right?" Alex asked, "No. That's the problem." I said, "LOOK OUT!" Raven screamed, I swerved from the thing in the middle of the road. "Fucking zombies." I growled, "Mount." I said, everyone loaded their weapons and climbed out of the vehicles. "These aren't just Zombies." Alex said, I raised my eyebrow at him. "They're animated spirits. Dead bodies but the ghost is still possessing it." He said, "Watch." He fired a salt round, making the zombie evaporate. I nodded and started firing, ending all the zombies. "Ready to hit the road?" Micha asked, clapping me on the back. "Ya let's go."