Chapter 4.2

"Oh." I said emotionlessly, nodding my head. Feeling his eyes blazing into my skin made me feel so insecure, it made me feel like he was picking out every single one of my flaws, he must be criticizing me in his head; I mean, how can he not? From the bruises on my face to my imperfect body, there's always some sort of flaw to be noticed.

"Will you stop looking at me like that?" I snapped at him, turning my head to search for Louis' face. His cheeks turned a light pink, and he quickly averted his attention.

"I wasn't looking at you." He childishly huffed under his frosty breath, which caused the cold puffs of air to appear as he spoke.

"Who is it?" I quietly but bravely asked him, knowing there was in no way in hell it could've been me. "I'm not going to tell you." He smirked, teasing me. "And why not?" I tested defiantly, growing more curious of the girl who stole Louis' heart.

"Because I said so." Louis' smirk grew wider, peering down on me knowing he made me frustrated. "Can I guess?" I raised my eyebrow, and pulled the ends of Louis' jacket around me more when I felt the temperature drop around me. I'm surprised Louis isn't cold without his jacket.

"Nope."

"If you weren't going to tell me who you like, then why tell me you like someone in the first place?" I interrogated frustrated. "Because you asked me, and I would be lying if I said I don't have feelings for anyone." Louis retorted, brushing his hair to the side.

Already given up, I rolled my eyes and sighed deeply. It's not like I NEED to know who he has feelings for. "Fine."

"Who do YOU fancy?" Louis inquired. "No one." I answered immediately, and honestly. "If you say so." He teased. Raising my eyebrows, I said, "You think I actually like someone?"

Louis shrugged, "Maybe."

My fingers gripped the material of his jacket, and pulled it off my shoulders; seeing Louis bury his hands into the pocket of his pants, his eyelashes has white speckles on them from the snow; same with his hair.

"Wear it." I demanded, peering up at him. "And don't say you're not cold." Louis rolled his eyes, and took the jacket from me, and wore it. "What about you? Aren't you going to be cold?" Louis tugged at the thin fabric of my sweatshirt. "I'll be fine." I reassured him.

"Why do you think I like someone?" I noticed how we slowed down our pace, walking down the snowy pathway.

"Why don't you wear makeup?" Louis bluntly retorted, offending me... A lot. I looked down at the ground, feeling small like a child after being scolded. "No! I didn't mean it like that!" Louis' eyes widened and raised his hands in defense.

"It's just; you're so different from the other girls." Louis sighed. "I don't know what I'm trying to say. You're just different in the way you are. The way you carry yourself, the way you look, and the way you act towards someone else. You act as if the whole world is going to fall apart, like the world is bad, but it really isn't."

"Is it a bad thing?" I quietly asked him, crossing my arms as if it'll protect me from his answer.

Louis warmly smiled, "No. That's why I think you like someone, because there must be someone who has feelings for you. You're different but it's a good thing."

"I guess I don't wear makeup because, people will start accepting me for who they see and not who I am. And I don't want that." I found myself smiling slightly; knowing what to say, taking his words to heart yet not fazed by it at all. I sharply inhaled, crossing my arms tighter around my body when a strong blast of wind swept by me.

"Come here." Louis wrapped an arm around me and pulled me into his side, where I reluctantly snuggled into him. The warmth I needed radiated off of him and onto me. He was taller than me by a lot; somehow it made me feel protected by him.