Twenty-Five

Frank P.O.V

I reached it- the dead end. Now all that I could do was stand still, or turn around. The coward in me told me to stay still and wait until they gave up, but I knew that that wouldn't get me anywhere. I plucked up all of the courage that I had left, turning on my heel to face my stalker. It was Max, a devilish grin spread across his face. I sighed, swiping my hand across my face.

"What are you achieving from this, Max? I'm really unsure of what your actual motives are." I said exasperatedly. I was annoyed at his constant attempts at hurting me, of trying to cause me a great deal of unhappiness. I folded my arms defiantly, awaiting his petty answer.

"It's unholy, what you two are doing. And I don't like it, not in my town." He shivered, not through being cold, from anger. I laughed.

"Since when where you a churchgoer? Or are you just jealous that I have happiness, and you'll never find it if you're constantly punishing others for theirs?" I asked, my eyebrow raised. He stared at the ground, his primitive mind still trying to find an effective answer to my question.

"Everybody knows, your Mom's not very good at keeping secrets," he was giggling, I was stood there with a blank expression on my face, " and on behalf of everybody, I think it's my duty to destroy you." He added, inching a little closer to me. I was frozen again, if they truly wanted to get rid of me- I was debating on whether I was going to let him just kill me, put me out of my misery, or if I was going to fight, because I knew that Gerard loved me with more than just his heart.

I chose the latter, but backed away from his nearing approach. I backed into a tree, with nowhere left to go. I dodged his first punch, his fist colliding with the tree trunk. He didn't flinch, instead he grabbed me and moved me back into the centre of it. Better aim that way I supposed.
The second punch stung, definitely leaving a bruise. Most of my energy was drained from that collision, my fighting ceased. I let him punch me, kick me, hoping that if I gave in he'd get bored and stop. I'll just lie here until he stops, I thought to myself.

But he didn't stop, he really was setting out to kill me. And I, the idiot that I was, was just allowing it. I didn't care anymore. I just hoped deep down that Gerard had realised that I was missing. Max was laughing hysterically, he enjoyed seeing me helpless. I slumped to the ground, too weak to hold myself upright anymore. I landed on my arm, hearing the crunch, feeling the searing pain shoot along my arm and then across the rest of my body. I groaned, weakly trying to stand; he kicked me back down, into the mud and decaying leaves.
I wished that Gerard would appear, the way that he would when I went out to drink my feelings away.

Branches snapped around me, I could barely see out of my non-swollen eye, I thought that it was Max trying to get a better angle. I heard him stammer; he was scared. Nobody spoke, so I had to crawl to see why he had stopped- I knew that he wasn't sparing me.
I heard a growl, similar to the one that I heard when I had been beaten in the alley; when Gerard had rescued me.

"No-no. I'm sorry I-I didn't mean it." Max quivered, he was shaking. I heard a sickening crunch, which was followed by a bloodcurdling scream. I covered my eyes, I didn't want to watch. I knew that Gerard was here, he was quiet and didn't talk.

"Stop! It hurts." Max screamed, he wasn't given any mercy. I heard the tree groan as he was thrown against it. I had crawled away from the tree, otherwise he would've landed on top of me. I heard Gerard whispering something to him, but I couldn't hear what he was saying. I tried to stand up, to get out of the way.

"Lay down Frank!" He hissed, he didn't sound like himself. I did as I was told, half through fear of what he'd do to me if I didn't obey, and half through the knowledge that he knew what he was doing.
Max screamed again, but Gerard silenced him. I was afraid that he had killed him, but then again it would bring me peace. Max grunted, then was quiet. The strong, metallic smell of blood filled my head, and I hoped that it wasn't all of mine on the floor. My head was spinning, and I was falling in and out of consciousness. Gerard sniffled, leaning down next to me. He stroked my head, brushing my hair out of my eye so that I could see him. He whispered something to me as I looked up at him groggily. There was something different in his eyes. The hazel-brown sparkle I knew so well had disappeared, replaced by a deep, dark crimson red that I didn't like .

"Im sorry." He whispered through his teeth.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Kids With Guns by Gorillaz

A.N
I'm not loving that my 2 weeks holidays is going by quicker than I wanted. Probably because I sleep in til about 1pm every day xD ah welllll