Night Terrors (Nsfw)

David hardly ever got any sleep at all, ever since the ending of Project Freelancer at least. Oh, he was so damn tired! Constantly... it was awful, he'd gain tunnel vision every time he stood too fast, he couldn't train very hard, he sometimes got weak at the knees if he did so. It got even worse when he joined Church, Tucker and the other's. The only thing he could think of was when Carolina would return, or the reds and blues, their safety, sometimes he thought the Meta never really died and would soon return to kill them all. That was merely the beginning.

Whenever he actually got some sleep in, he wouldn't be very comfortable mostly. He could never find a nice spot to lay in, or a soft pillow to rest his head on, the blankets were thin, his quarters.. freezing. Either that or.. the night terrors.

David never dreamed, all he could imagine was his previous A.I's memories, specifically Church's. They never seemed to add up, it was mostly just about a girl, who looked almost exactly like Tex. And when they weren't about her, they would be unreal, Tucker or Caboose would die in a.. oddly gruesome way. At times the ex-freelancer would start to get nightmares of his own, about him and his friends.. no, his family. But that was hardly at all, he sometimes hoped for his own nightmares to haunt him again, just because some of it reminded him of his past, when things were okay. His past was much better than now, he felt safe then, with his old family. He would see everyone in his nightmares, partially a dream. He saw the twins, York, Maine when he was sweet to everyone, and his old friend.. Connie. Each time he had this little vision it would be about something bad that happened, when C.T asked which side he was on, or when Maine nearly died from being shot in the throat. When the twins fought and York lost his vision in his eye.

What he saw wasn't normal because none of them had faces, they had their scars just, no nose, mouth, eyes, teeth, all they had was a blank face unless they had markings. North was bleeding from his cheek and eyebrow all the time, York had blood dribbling all over the left side of his face, and Maine would be gushing from his throat. This wasn't.. right. It meant something but Wash just didn't know!

This very night he had a similar vision, just a different bad situation. North was in the Med-bay. Wounds in his chest and stomach, a big mark on his cheek and above his eyebrow. It wasn't that long, it maybe lasted five minutes, just him trying to comfort him but everyone just yelled at him, voices taunted him, he was shivering in fear and decided that would be the end, he didn't want this anymore, he just wanted to be reminded that his family was by his side, dead or alive.

He shot up from his bed in a cold sweat, his hands shaking, the soldier was breathing heavily and clutching his chest. His knuckles begin to turn white as he frantically glanced back and forth around his room. He takes a few deep breaths and it doesnt take long for him to realize he's alive and well. Wash rubs his eyes gently and blinks a few times. He looks to the clock and sees it's only midnight.

"Are you fucking serious.."

David whispers to himself softly. Wash throws the blankets off himself and sighs, cool air wraps around the exposed skin and under his night clothing like a soft silken blanket, or the arms of a mother figure caressing a child. He calms himself and let's the small draft cool him down slowly. Wash looked under his alarm clock and saw a small light flashing an aqua color. The light was on his phone, looks like Tucker had texted him. David picks up the small device and unlocks it, blinded by the light almost, his eyes adjust and he opens the name only to read,

[Text:] Dude you alright? I hear you yelling in your room. Don't die okay, I'm not cleaning up the mess.

He swipes down and begins to type slowly.

[Draft:] I'm fine now... do you think you could come over here?

Wash looks over the message he doesn't know whether to send this or not. He sets it down on his bed and stands up after throwing his legs over the side of his very uncomfortable mattress. He decides to change out of his sweaty, unpleasant smelling, clothing into something clean, loose, comfy. After he's dressed once again, he makes his way to the small restroom of his own and starts running the water, he cups his hands underneath the water flow and sips some of the what seems like almost freezing liquid from his palms a few times. He dries his hands, flicks off the light and returns to his bed, the light on his phone still shining. He looks at the message that is drafted and bites his lips softly. He knows something might happen if his friend were to come over, especially the friend he found most attractive. Washington hit send then shoved the phone under his pillow quickly. Only a few moments later he hears a small buzz. Hesitantly the ex-freelancer pulls the tablet out one more time and reads the new message.