Needle and Thread

They're bound. Once they had called each other enemies, but things had changed for both mercenaries. And how are they bound? Well a priest may say, in love and protection, that shit Felix nor Locus took notice too. Sure they were married and the rings may bind them in a way, and they love each other very much, in a strange way, but the way they're bound is different. Locus and Felix are attached to each other by little strings, each string is a memory, and within those many, many memories is just another reason of why they're together.

"Locus guides me with a faint light through the darkest of times, it may be dark, but somewhere and somehow he manages to make me feel safer, warm, loved."

The needle guides it's way through the fabric of his partners under suit, specifically a patch on his shoulder, and he pulls gently as Locus speaks.

"Felix teaches me both small and large things, in which increases my way of guidance, my way of helping him in his time of need, the way I comfort and care for him."

Locus pokes the needle through the fabric on his chest and pulls. Felix speaks again.

As the two pass back and forth memories and words that meant more than the world around them, the orange and sage thread intertwines and wraps over them. Thread drapes over Locus' back and around one of his thighs, a few small strands down his neck and shoulders. Felix is tangled in pieces around his wrists and neck, a sign of submission. Locus speaks at his turn.

"I may have inflicted pain upon him many times before, but Felix has learned forgiveness. As have I."

Locus pulls the string tight, an unsettling sound is heard. A snap. Felix heartbeats quickly and Locus' eyes grow white Felix drops the needle at the sight of his lover as if his soul had moved from his body, he feels restraint as the other falls backwards, Felix feels himself beginning to fall. The sounds are heard again only multiple times. The strands that had previously strung over they're bodies restrained, and snapped. Felix fall with remnants of thread and he opens his eyes.

The room is dark. The younger male sits up in his bed and looks beside him to see his partner sound asleep. He leans down plating a gentle kiss to his temple and stands, his feet pressing into the cool tile. Felix shivers and grabs his lover's jacket with is twice his size and tosses it over his head. It slouches over him, the bottom of the clothing hanging over his shorts, which makes it look as if he has no bottoms on what so ever. The sleeves hang pass his fingertips. The whole hoodie droops and exposes some of his collar bone. He places the hood over his head which floats down gently and hides his face with a shadow. He stuffs the sleeves into the giant pocket on the front along with his hands after making his way to the door of their quarters. Felix opens the door slowly and closes it silently.

The Tartarus is almost silent, he hears familiar voices stuttering under their breath. From far away and stops when be hears the deep tone of a soldier behind him.

"You shouldn't be up this late you know."

"I should say the same for you."

He refuses to call the man by his awful fake cover up name. Sharkface. Absolutely terrible.

"And why is that?"

"Because I'm a captain, thank you very much, I have options and I chose to take a midnight walk to clear my head. Unlike you, you don't have options, you soldiers have curfew and any of you who are awake and wandering about are breaking protocol."

"Yeah but if I wasn't breaking protocol then you wouldn't have me to help you clear your head wise guy."

The larger male catches up to him and the two walk beside each other.