No Match

Tyler's POV

He's been in front of me the whole time. He sounds so different, he even looks different. Why couldn't he just tell me it was him? I wanted to see him before he took off. This isn't a coincidence. He wanted to find me to get that stupid box...

I look back down to Mini who is still unconscious. He said he was going to kill him, is he that heartless?

"Mark please... don't hurt him."

"Hurt him? I'm going to rip his throat out. Let's call this payback... You can blame your father for this." he smirks.

I bang my fists on the door. "Don't touch him!"

He scoffs at me and bends back down. He strokes Mini's hair a couple times before he looks up to me.

"It's a shame he has to go but you can't be tempted with him when there are bigger issues to worry about."

"I said don't fucking touch him!"

I could feel my anger quickly burning through me. I need to get out of this stupid cell and get Mini away from here. I was an idiot for coming here and putting him at risk. How could I even put him in this situation...

"Hmmm, you are not afraid to speak your mind that's for sure... I knew when I saw you that you'd be the perfect wolf."

I roll my eyes at his words. He's just speaking random nonsense again.

"Just let him go. He doesn't need to be bought into this mess." I snap.

He chuckles heavily and grabs onto Mini's jacket. He begins to stand back up along while holding onto the jacket still.

"You know what? I'll let you two talk this out. Move back from the door." he grins.

I do as he says and move to the back of the cell, If he's going to put Mini in here with me then at least I can keep my eye on him.

He opens the door and shoves Mini's body into the door. His body flops to the ground and all I want to do is scoop him up in my arms to get him away from Mark.

"Don't make me regret this decision..." he furrows his eyes.

I watch him back away from the door, slamming it shut on his way out. As soon as he was gone from my vision I rush to Mini's side, pulling him into my arms, trying to hold his face up.

"Mini..."

I tap his cheeks a little so it might jolt him awake.

"Mini, hey! Wake up..."

A little groan comes from him as I tapped his cheeks some more. His face suddenly scrunches up and he tries to swat my hand away.

"Hey... stop!" he whines.

His eyes open and he automatically sees my face. I feel a sense of relief as I rest my head on his, breathing softly.

"What are you doing back already?" he grabs my arm and squeezes me.

He begins to shift his body, sitting himself up straight. I help him as he looks around himself.

"Uh? Where are we? I-I... What? I swear... What the hell is happening?" he stutters.

"We're in an old jail... It's the old one just outside the town, you know that one right?"

"Jail?!" he snaps his head up to me.

I run my fingers through my hair and try not to make a big deal out of it.

"Y-yeah. Uh... We're sort of locked in here."

"LOCKED?!" he yells. He stands to his feet and backs away from me. "Why are we locked Tyler?!"

He's freaking out and I don't know what to tell him. I can't tell him anything. I can't bring him into my mess.

I walk forward to try and calm him down but he takes another step back.

"Mini, I don't know what to tell you. We're just locked in here."

He frowns at me and dodges around me to race to the door. His hands wrap around the bars from the tiny window and he begins to yell out.

"HELP?! SOMEONE HELP US!"

"That's not going to work... No one can hear us." I try to explain.

"HELP!" he continues.

How can I even begin to explain why we're here? He knows about Mark escaping so I can tell him that much but the whole werewolf thing needs to be kept hidden. He can't know any of this.

It occurs to me that Mark might slip out the word werewolf since we're both one. I just hope he doesn't say anything about this...

"SOMEONE! HELP! PLEASE!"

I shake my head and gently touch Mini's shoulders. He immediately jumps and turns around.

"Mini, no one is going to hear you. I can tell you that I know who put you here... It's my uncle. He took me the night I was at the bar. I woke up here just like you."

Mini looks at me like I'm total nut case.

"Is this a joke? Do you think this is funny?!" he raises his voice.

I shake his shoulders. "No, it's not! Okay listen to me. You know how he escaped, he was coming after me and now he's got me... and you! I don't know what he wants with you but I'm just trying to do as he says, so please don't do anything to cross him, he's dangerous okay. Promise me!"

"Don't lie to the poor boy Tyler..." Mark's face comes into view behind Mini's face.

Mini turns his body and see's the man grinning at both of us.

"Tyler knows why I bought you here..." he continues.

"Is that true?" Mini turns back and asks me.

There is no way he is turning all this back on me. He bought him here to kill him in front of me.

"TYLER?!" he pushes me.

"Let him go Mark. He doesn't deserve this! I told you I'd do anything you want just let him go..." I push past Mini and grab the bars on the door.

He smirks at me but shakes his head. "Mmmm, nah. I'm good. His story is coming to an end soon."

I bang my fists on the door again in frustration.

"What does that mean?!" Mini yanks at my shoulder.

He yanks so hard that my whole body gets pulled so that I'm facing him now. I shake my head at him. I can't do this. I can't tell him Mark's plan...

"TYLER!" he hits me in the chest.

"Say it, I dare you." Mark chuckles behind us.

I don't know what's worse. The way he is looking at me right now or the fact that he's going to die because of me. I bite down on my tongue and avoid his eye.

"If you love me then you'll tell me..." he spits out.

He can't do that to me...

"Don't make me say it." I say softly.

"You don't tell him then I might just slip out a little secret that you have been keeping to yourself..." Mark laughs.

"He's going to kill you..." I say in defeat.

Mini's face drops. He looks over my shoulder and immediately looks terrified. I can't bare to look at him like this. I wrap my arms around him and squeeze onto him. I lean down to his ear and softly speak into his ear.

"I won't let him touch you..."

"You know I can hear you right? Sensitive hearing..." Mark says. "And I will kill him so enjoy these last couple of moments together..."

"I'm sorry for all this. I'm sorry... I won't let him touch you." I continue whispering.

"Don't even try anything. You're no match for me without a full moon Tyler."