Chapter 6

"Oh my gosh! Paul!" I threw my arms around him "I missed you so much." paul and I used to be really close when Sam and I were dating. He was like an older brother to me and everyone who knew us knows it. I smiled as he picked me up and spun me around. I laughed. "man you grew like three feet since the last time I saw you."

"I know. So have you I remebeer when you used to be the shortest in your grade." Paul snicked and I playfully slapped his arm.

"i wasn't that short you guys were just really really tall. I could never grow up to be your hight thats no reason to make fun of me for it." I smiled , Paul and Leah laughed.

"Hey It's not my fault that you were always so short. So are you staying for good this time?" Paul asked, I could feel eyes watching Paul and I I knew it was Sam...witch was weird why was he glaring?

"Yeah I should be staying the whole time. I'm not moving again my mother can do whatever she wants but I am not moving again."

"Well thats good I need someone here to mess around with. Leah wont she just yells at me." I giggled that sounded like Leah. Who by the way was beaming proudly at her actions. Emily came over and annonced taht the food was ready. Gosh why did I hate her so much? Oh right she was....never mind. I sat next to Paul and *gulp* Sam. Emily was on the other side of sam so he was pretty occupied not to notice me. I think Emily was trying to purposly to steer his attention away from me. I didn't know why I was having all these bad thoughts about Emily maybe Leah was right...I was jeoulus. Well in my mind I had every right to be. He was mine first, but in other ways I was stupid to be I was the one being selfish. I moved away and sam moved on with his life. It was just the natural thing to do and I wa being stupid about it.

"Karson?" My head snapped up to meet Sam's eyes Emily was now talking to another girl I was introduced to as Kim. Sam was looking at me concern written all over his perfect face. "Are you alright Karson?"

"Yeah sorry was I staring randomly off in space? I do that sometimes. Sorry." I blushed and Sam smiled at me.

"It's fine." he replied. I smiled and held my resist to blush.  He just had that big of an effect on me. i know I was proably but who cares?

"Karson you have to get me one of those feathers! They are so cute, I have never seen anything like it!" Kim squealed she sat next to Jared. I smiled and I fingered my feathers. That was the second compliment. One from Leah and one from Kim, i never knew feathers meant so much to people.

"Thanks Kim. It was kinda like a California thing. I was um bribed into getting them by a uh friend of mine" I stubled acrossed the words. I was lieing...yeah but hopefully no one would notice. I was usually a good lier....to everyone, but....Sam. Kim smiled. she bought into it, but I could feel Sam's eyes on me he knew I was lieing...shit.

"I really do liek them. I wish they had them around here. Ever sense you told Leah about them she has been estatic and she keeps looking for them, but they don't send them in Lapush or Forks. We were planning to go look for them in Port Angeles this weekend. Do you want to join?" Kim asked, I smiled

"Yeah sure I would love that. IF you want to save money though just let me put the feathers in. it will work alot better. I put my own in all the time.. It takes two seconds plus most of the hair dressers end up pinching you and what not. I have never ever pinched anyone in my entire feather work years. I do it for free to so that should mean everything." Kim and Leah beamed with excitment.

'Thank you so much Karson! See this is why we are best friends. You are just sdo nice and...and your just soo lovable!" I laughed at Leah, she was such a suck up.

Once dinner was over it was time for me to go home. Sam offered to walk with me. I wanted to decline, but it was impossible. there was no way I could reject him. Yeah, I get it i'm whiped. It was silent intill we got to the front lawn. Sam was the lucky one to break the silence.

 "We should meet up tommorow. I want to catch up with you. You know as friends. It's been so long sense I have seen you. I missed you alot weather you know it or not Karson." I smiled and looked up at him. What do I say! Ahh.

"Um yeah that would be great Sam.. I missed you to. Believe it or not" I added in at the end he laughed.

"So tommorow> Maybe we can go to the beach? Or somewhere else it dosn't  matter to me whereevcer you want."

"Yeah sure the beach sounds good. Lets hope the weather couperates." Sam laughed "Well i'll see you tommorow. I really have to go. by Sam." Karson smiled then went on her way.