Return Of Thou Memories?

I sat at the piano and brushed my fingers lightly against the exposed keys.

"You aren't safe here Alicia." Magnus' voice spoke from behind me.

I looked at him before sighing and turning away. "Am I safe anywhere?"

"Yes. With me. You'll be safe under my protection. With your help and permission, we can fortify this place so it's virtually impenetrable." He paused before lightly pulling my chin upwards so I was eye to eye with him once more. "I can tell you about your heritage and train you to use your powers. Help you become who you are meant to be."

I gotta admit. It was a good idea but there was some things pulling me back...

"What about Clary and mo-Jocelyn? They need me!"

"No Alicia. Clary has Jace and Izzy and even Alec. They'll help her find Jocelyn. Your mother." I flinched at that term and shook my head to look away from him but he just made me look at him again. "Jocelyn may not have been your mother by blood but she took care of you for almost a decade of your life. When your parents died, you had no relatives available to take care of you. She took you so she could keep you safe. Accept that..."

A few tears slipped out his statement

A few tears slipped out his statement. I pondered his words for a few moments before nodding in agreement and continuing, "What about my shadowhunting training?" He laughed before shaking my head, "You know as well as I, you don't need the training. You are an expert. A child protégé. All you have to do is accept your heritage and it'll come naturally to you."

I was grasping for reasons now... "What about Jace? We just found each other again!"

"You'll see each other just not everyday. Besides, if he cares about you then he'd accept the fact that you need to train the powers that your mother's blood gave you. Haven't you heard the saying, 'If you love something, let it go. If it comes back, it's meant to be."

"I'll think about it Magnus but thank you..." and hugged him. "Your welcome sweetheart. You need another option with your limited choices."

"Hu-hum." I heard a male cough from behind us. We turned around to see Jace. Magnus got up and said, "Play a tune for us sweetheart whilst I'm dealing with these incompetent fools..."