The Best Take Downs Ever...

Michael, Jace and I quickly ran through the place and tried to find Clary. Where in the angel is that carrot-top? How did she get so far away so quickly? We soon came upon double doors after a run down a long hallway, I hope this is it. As soon as I entered, I caught sight of her with an unconscious Jocelyn. I ran forwards to the unconscious woman's side as the boys behind me closed the door and runed it shut.

I ignored Clary's yapping behind me and looked carefully at the green glow that encased Jocelyn. What in the angel is this stuff? It can't be that dangerous, right? Valentine trapped his beloved wife inside, he wouldn't risk hurting her. What if I- I reached forwards to touch the glowing case but when I did, an electric shock went through my body, making me convulse. The familiar tugging sensation began to painfully pull at me. As I blacked out from this world, I was immediately taken to, what I believe to be, Izzy's trial. 

*

I appeared at the back of the assembly. No one seemed to notice me. Thank goodness, otherwise I'd be in so much trouble with Magnus and Alec.

"I'd like to call Lydia Branwell to the stand." Magnus said as he stood up.

The woman at the front, sitting on what seemed to be a throne, looked at him perplexed and said, "I don't see the relevance."

"Well, that makes two of us. I don't see the relevance of this whole trial." Magnus replied sassily to who I assume to be the Inquisitor Herondale, Go Magnus! Sass that bitch down... before turning to Lydia, "Ms. Branwell? If you'll take the stand?" Lydia stood up and sat beside the inquisitor. "I just have one question. Why are you prosecuting this case?"

Lydia looked at the Inquisitor, who just snapped back at her, "Answer the question, Counselor

Lydia looked at the Inquisitor, who just snapped back at her, "Answer the question, Counselor."

"Because the Law is hard, but..." I rolled my eyes at her typical answer. Of course, she'd say that! "...it is the Law." Magnus sighed in aggravation at her answer but she continued, "But that doesn't make it right." I returned my full attention to her in surprise, Oh no, she didn't! I turned my gaze to Inquisitor Herondale who seemed to be seething in her seat, I guess she did! "We're trying someone for being compassionate, thinking for herself. She saved a life that was being sacrificed for nothing." Preach gurl! Shove the truth down their stubborn throats.

The Inquisitor stopped her, not wanting the trial to be affected, "That will be enough, Branwell."

"No... it isn't." She's really on our side then... Interesting... "I'm looking out at the faces here. A brother and sister who disagree on everything except for how much they love one another... and how loyal they are to each other. A man who took this case pretending to want payment in rare objects, but who really believes that injustice toward his friends is intolerable." I gotta admit, I teared up a bit as I realised the truth behind her words. "Loyalty, decency, compassion, love. These are the concepts that we should consider to decide guilt or innocence in a case like this." Lydia continued to say compassionately.