Escape From The Life I Thought Was Mine

We were on the way back when I received a call from Magnus. Due to us all walking together, Luke heard both ends of the conversation because he was a wolf, Alec did as well due to the runes he had on. Clary only heard my side of the conversation which pretty much confused her...

 Clary only heard my side of the conversation which pretty much confused her

"Magnus? Why are you calling?" I immediately questioned him.

"I was wondering if you had packed your bags?"

That confused me, "Packed my bags? For what?"

"For your move?"

"Now? We just found the-"

"The cup, I know."

"Because of that, they don't need you right now. It's best if you and the cup are separated right now. Remember. It cannot be activated without you so you're coming here ASAP! Unless if you've changed your mind?"

"No. I haven't" I said softly.

Alec smiled down at me, "You chose wisely" he said and winked.

"I'll be opening a portal in your bedroom, all you have to do is say the magic words and it'll activate it and then all you gotta do after that is step through."

"Magic words? What do I have to say?"

"You need to change your guardianship so you have to say, 'I, then state your full name, wish to change my guardian from-' you need one of the shadowhunters there. Preferably the head of the institute or the one tasked to watch over you," At this, Alec leaned forward, listening intently to his role... "they gotta say their full name before they respond with 'I, their full name, relinquish my title as guardian of Alicia blah-blah-blah and place her in the care of Magnus Bane, High Warlock of Brooklyn.' Then you finish off by saying, 'I, full name, accept this change and willingly agree to Magnus Bane, state my full title, to becoming my guardian.' As soon as you do this, the portal will be open for five minutes so... Good luck. Ohhhh. And say hi to Alec for me!" before hanging up.

"Magnus says 'hi'" I said to Alec with a smirk but stayed quiet the whole way back to the institute.

*

Later arriving at the institute, Clary hurried inside after giving Luke a rushed goodbye. Alec stood at the door, waiting for me but giving me space to say goodbye to my uncle.

 Alec stood at the door, waiting for me but giving me space to say goodbye to my uncle