Twenty-Eight ; Nuclear Energy Is An Unreliable Power Source And So Is Josh Dun

Taking in a deep breath, Tyler closed his eyes and clenched his fists, he opened his eyes and looked into Josh's, they were confused at Tyler's sudden sentimentality and urged him to continue.

"...I love you pal."

"You what?" Josh squinted their eyes at Tyler, attempting to absorb in the words.

"I, Tyler Joseph, Love, You, Josh Dun."

"You sure?" Josh grimaced, raising their eyebrows.

"Yep-erino!"

"Okay." Josh said nodding their head and leaning back in their seat. Patrick and Brendon, accompanying them now.

"Is that all?"

"What's all?" Patrick asked, spooning some of his favorite ice cream into his mouth.

"Josh won't say that they love me."

Brendon eyes widened at Tyler's words and cleared his throat "You sure?"

"Why does everyone keep asking me this?" He yelled, raising his arms in the air.

"Love is a pretty serious word." Patrick added, bringing the spoon to his mouth again.

"I know, that's why I'm using it." Tyler frowned, raising his eyebrow at his date-friend who at this point had their arms crossed over their chest.

"I always like to equate the word 'love' with marriage." Patrick began, looking at Tyler intensely "Now, no offence Tyler but I doubt you're ready to get married, especially to little Josh over there."

"You don't know me Patrick!" Tyler cried, standing up and looking at Josh intensely "If you feel like apologising I'll be in the bathroom, bawling my sweet little eyes out."

Tyler threw his bag over his shoulder and stormed out of the cafeteria, exhaling deeply as he slammed the doors shut.

Josh was chewing on the inside of their cheeks as Patrick pursed his lips deep in thought, both ignoring Brendon leaning over the table, taking the food that Tyler had left.

"Some good fries, don't know why he didn't just take them."

By this point Josh had handed Brendon the fries on their tray as well and decided to try and find Tyler. The table was silent with just two, but Brendon didn't mind all that much because Patrick was still one of his close friends and Patrick was glad he could still spend time with Brendon since the groups falling out.

"Hey Bren?"

Brendon nodded looking at Patrick whose previous deep-thought expression had turned into a desperate smile with wide eyes and raised eyebrows.

"Before you get mad I just want to say that I really miss the squad, you know when all of us were talking."

"-And I really miss my wonderful boyfriend, looks like I should go, bye Pat!" Brendon gave a weak smile to Patrick and shoved the remains of Tyler and Josh's fries into his pocket, making his way over to Ryan and Ashley.

Patrick sighed dropping his spoon into his ice cream and pushing it away, he thought for a while before deciding that perhaps it was best to find a new group of friends.

-

The library was never quiet, which is ironic because you know it's a library. Regardless of this factor, Tyler, Gabe and Pete all had a science project due in the afternoon and it was in their best interest to probably do it.

"I'm picking nuclear energy." Tyler hummed, gluing various items onto his large sheet of card. Gabe and Pete nodded their heads, believing that their joint effort in a project on solar energy was going to outdo Tyler's. 

"I really couldn't care less for this assignment." Gabe hummed, looking at Pete who was shuffling through their palm cards.

"Shut up and do it." Pete groaned, pushing paper towards his chest, motioning him to cut it.

"Let's get small talk going, get friendly, you know considering Tyler hates me and all" Gabe smiled, handing back the paper to Pete, same condition it was in before.

"I'm not sure I can be friends with a capitalist such as yourself, but I'll give it a wholesome try."

"Uh, how's Josh?" Gabe asked, holding down a piece of paper as Pete draw a large round object in the centre.

"Fine." Tyler said bitterly, screwing the lid of his glue back on before shoving it hastily in his pencil case "Just fine."

"Tyler, I get that you're socially inapt but you just came off as extremely salty, anything wrong?" Gabe sighed, inspecting the circle Pete had drawn on the sheet, it looked like a triangle.

"I just no longer see the point in living." Tyler groaned thinking back to that morning, when Josh broke his fragile little heart.

"Shut up Tyler, you sound like me when I was in my emo phase." Pete interjected rolling his eyes.

"Pete, you're still in your emo phase." Gabe said, looking at the smaller boy clad in all black with his signature smudged eyeliner and Pierce The Veil wristbands.

"You got me there." he frowned, leaning back in his chair, daydreaming about all the poems his Tumblr was to be littered with that night.

"Back to my broken soul, please." Tyler mumbled, fidgeting with the black pen.

"Uh huh sure continue."

"I love them, they ignored me and got all weirded out."

"You're 7, you don't know what love is." Gabe said, quirking his eyebrows up.

"Shut up! I so do!" Tyler screamed, but as stated before the library was never quiet so it wasn't that big of a deal.

"I doubt you do." Pete said, looking at the smaller boy squirm around in his chair.

"Patrick and Brend-"

"Okay, that will be enough for today." Pete smiled, nodding his head.

"Alright fine Tyler, if you think you love Josh, then I suppose you do." Gabe shrugged, pushing his schoolwork to the side.

"Are you really supporting this?" Pete scoffed.

"I mean yeah, if he says he's in love, he's in love. Might not be the right time, might not be the kind of love you all assume it is, but it's still love, I love the Kardashians, just embrace the love. Don't be ashamed."

"Anyway point of the story; I hate my life and I still hate you, capitalist king Gabe Saporta."

"Strong words from such a small boy." he grinned, feeling happy at the progress him and Tyler had made in their blossoming friendship.