Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Recap of Leon and Anna’s convo in French:

I looked at Leon whose confused expression mirrored my own. “Do you have any idea what they’re saying?”

He shook his head. “No, I just speak French.” I frowned.

“Me too.”

This was going to be a very interesting night.

 (a/n: sorry, none of Robby and Cole’s. That’s still a mystery. If you still don’t get it after this chapter, let me know.)

(Anna’s P.O.V)

            We reached the restaurant after a few minutes. It was a cute little Italian place that appeared to be privately owned. We got out of the car and walked to the doors where there were three very pretty girls standing.

            When we reached them, the blond one threw herself at Cole, hugging him. I raised an eyebrow, amused. She turned and saw me. “Hi!” she said, sticking her hand out for me to shake, “I’m Gina.”

            “Hi there.” I said, not really wanting to take her hand and settling for an awkward little wave instead. She lowered her hand, thankfully not put off. The last thing I wanted to do was make it awkward for the guys. I felt like a third wheel already.

            “She’s a bit…high maintenance. I apologize for her in advance,” Cole said. Gina stuck her tongue out at him. I made eye contact with the other girl, who had dirty blond hair and big brown eyes.

            She gave me a friendly smile. “Hi, I’m Megan. It’s nice to meet you.” She said, nodding at me. I smiled back.

            The last girl was hanging onto Leon’s arm. I felt a little pang of something inside my stomach. “And this,” Robby said with what I thought was slight distaste “is Darcy.” Darcy had fiery red hair and was wearing a blue halter top that really set it off. She was really pretty, and very petite. I looked at the girls, who were all kind of dressed up, and cast a surreptitious glance down at my jeans and t-shirt. Great, I thought, now I’m a third wheel and I’m underdressed. Darcy didn’t even glance up at me, and Cole quickly ushered us all inside.

            We ended up getting a large wrap-around booth. Cole and Robby quickly rushed in to sit in the middle. I was on one end, sitting next to Leon, much to my dismay. On his other side was Darcy. They were all chatting amongst themselves and I just sat there quietly, glad for the attention to be focused elsewhere.

            Our waiter showed up. He was around our age and had long, dark hair, a lip piercing, and a tattoo that wrapped around his forearm. The girls looked rather intimidated, and I had to bite back a laugh. How stereotypical. “Hey guys, I’m Alex and I’ll be your server tonight. Can I get you anything to start off?” I smiled charmingly at him. Having been a waitress before, I knew I always appreciated it when people were friendly.

            “Yeah, can I get a coke and a vegetarian menu?” He smiled back at me. The rest went around with their orders and Alex left.

            Darcy immediately jumped on the veggie thing. “Ooh, a vegetarian, such a rebel.”

            I raised my eyebrows, unimpressed. I replied cheerfully, “Nope, just don’t enjoy eating rotting animal flesh.” Her face went slightly green and I could see Cole and Robby trying hard not to laugh. Apparently they weren’t terribly fond of Darcy either.