Chapter 4

To get ready for the trip, Jesse and I packed a ton of supplies. Our backseat and trunk was full with instant noodles, Frozen foods (even though we couldn't eat them), water, campfire supplies, tents, extra clothing, and kind of melee weapon, and medical supplies. I wore sneakers and cargo pants. I had a t-shirt with a raincoat on top of it. I was glad to have one though, because five minutes into our trip, it started to rain. I was glad. Rain to extinguish the fires and wash the blood off all the streets. I glanced out the window. The rain had now turned to a drizzle, which wasn't that bad. I started to feel sleepy. Jesse had drunk 3 cups of coffee earlier so he was going to be up for the whole day. I closed my eyes and started to fall asleep. My rest was important.

After a satisfying nap, I woke up looking around. The car was off, Jesse was sleeping. There was a rain cover over the car, making the inside dark. I already knew why it was there, to disguise the car. I shook Jesse. "Jess." I said. "Wake up Jesse." I kept shaking him until he woke up. "What?" Jesse asked, still groggy. "Where are we?" I asked. "We're in Atlanta, but check out what I found outside." He said as we both got out of the car. "Check out this RV!" He exclaimed as I looked at the huge Recreational vehicle. It was one of those RV buses, the huge ones where you can fit a family of five in. "Sweet." I said as I opened the door and walked in. We inspected it, all the parts were in working condition. Along with having food in it, and had a full tank. It was as if we had hit the lottery. We transferred all of our supplies to the RV and even got the engine working.

"Maybe we should sleep." I said. "Don't want to run into any volatiles." Jesse said as he shut off the engine. "I was happy that we had got this RV. It was just like with Jason. I remembered him. He was a good guy with good intentions. But we had to move on. He was just a memory of an old friend. Before we went to bed, we locked the RV doors. We didn't want any zombies getting in. I felt even more secure when we barricaded the door with a six gallon water jug. I was even more delighted when we discovered that we had a place to store our frozen items.

The RV had three beds which was a bonus. It was like apocalypse heaven. This is what we needed. We didn't need the safe haven; all we needed was this RV. But still, we needed to get to that safe haven. The cure was there, and it was safer than this RV. The question was, did they have enough food for everyone there? We did.

For dinner that night Jesse and I had lasagna and coke. It was an awesome combination; I could have ate it any day. Neither one of us had ever tired lasagna before, so we were in for a treat. "This is the best." Jesse said as he bit into his pasta. I took a swig of coke then replied. "You said it; I could eat this all day, every day." I then swallowed another piece of the huge lasagna. "This has to be one of the best things that I've ever tasted." Jesse said. "How many of these do we have left?" I asked. "About twenty something." Jesse replied as I laughed. "Twenty! This was like heaven in my mouth." I was so happy that I'd get to enjoy great food with great friends. Jesse and I spent the next hour laughing, being best buds like we always would be. After all, nothing could drive us apart.