Chapter 4:I lose a water fight (for once)

After about a week getting adjusted to camp again, I was back in my regular routine. Doing lessons with the camp for about four hours a day, and archery after the lessons. Then spending most of my free time with Drake. Having water fights-that I always won- playing pranks, sometimes with Drakes half brother Marcel. Even just hanging out on the swings by the lake. Today was a day of hanging out on the swings.
"How are the fighting lessons going so far?" Drake asked, swinging swiftly back and forth.
I nodded, my swing perfectly still, "Pretty well. We've just finished the basics. We're moving onto the more complex moves now."
"That's awesome. Is it hard going against the older heroes?"
"Sometimes it's hard. Most of them go easy in combat. The only one who fights really hard is Jason. He doesn't seem to like me."
"What? Who wouldn't like you." He asked, a slight chuckle shaking his voice.
I looked up at him, smiling. He smiled back, the smile lines by his lips and eyes showing. I looked down again, starting to laugh.
I felt him staring at me. "You look different today." He pushed a hair out of my face and behind my ear.
"Maybe because my hair is down." I laughed. "It's always up in some messy thing."
He laughed too. "It always looks good though."
I felt my cheeks heat up. The strand of hair fell in my face again. I smiled my thanks.
Drake nodded. "Are you going to the party tonight?"
"Yeah. Brooklyn wants me to go to her cabin, says she has something planned for me." I say, the heat in my cheeks dying.
"Oh boy. Prepare for lots of glitter."
We both laughed simultaneously, and he turned away. 
I saw my opportunity. I slipped my hand behind me, knowing a river was flowing there. The short, dull pain in my stomach informed me a line of water was coming. Moving my hand in front of me, I willed the water forward, and it obliged. Making immediate contact with the back of Drakes neck.
I smiled mischievous smile, and stood holding my swing in front of me for protection as he slowly turned.
He was smiling too, "Your not gonna win this time."
He stood, and rushed towards me, running full speed. I screamed and bolted forwards, barely missing his grab, and ran to the ocean. Drake was closing the distance between us.
The current was coming up at a steady pace against the crystal white/tan sand. As soon as my foot hit the water, newfound strength hit me. I energized the current and organized a small bundle of bubbles. When Drake was two feet in front of me, I willed them towards him.
His sword training came in handy, he dodged them with expertise and picked up a orange bucket on the ground near him and fill it with water from the surf. I tried turning toward him, to make the water come out of the bucket and onto him, but he grabbed my hand and made me spin. While I was off-guard, he dumped the water on me. I was laughing until I tripped on my own foot and fell backwards.
I started laughing again. I knew I wasn't wet, but It was cold. I felt my hair over the shoulders of my Imagine Dragons tank top.
I laid there for a second, still laughing. Drake stood above me, laughing hysterically with his hand on his knees. His laugh added to the adorableness of his smile lines.
Finally, his hand reached down for me to grab. He helped me stand and clenched my hands, interlocking our fingers securely.
"I'll see you at the party later, okay?"
I nodded, and he pulled me in for a tight hug.
He whispered in my ear "And I won that water fight by the way." I giggled, my forehead lightly touching the front of his shoulder.
"Okay, see you later." With that, he ran off.

-------------------------
I'm sorry guys. I'm trying really hard to get my writing and updating in. It's just hard with all my restrictions. Don't think I've forgotten about writing for you guys, I haven't and never will. I might update again today cuz it's a lazy rainy Saturday and I have nothing else to do.

Please vote, comment and share:)

Don't be a silent reader tell me what you think.