Chapter 6: My Sword Doesn't Like Wood

The days following the party had tension floating around. Nobody knew who started the fire, or what kind of fire it was. My hand stayed wrapped for quite awhile after, and it irritated me. I couldn't do sword training with Percy and the group, or any of the normal activities. I got so bored that I read way more than I usually did. Some people were confused by this, because I'm a demigod and usually demigods are dyslexic. But I am one of the few who aren't, but I am more ADHD than most, which makes up for it.

I was about twenty pages into Mocking Jay, when Michael, (one of the Apollo kids, and also the guy Brooklyn had a major crush on) sat next to me in the pavilion. 

"How's your hand doing?" He asks, as I dog-ear my book and close it.

   "It actually hasn't hurt today." I clenched my hand into a fist. "Not even when I clench it."

Pride flashed in his eyes as he smiled. "Really? I guess my healing is pretty good then."

I laughed, and he started unwrapping the Ace bandage around my hand and wrist. I was amazed by the results, it looked good as new.

"Wow, your healing is good." I laughed again, while he shook his head, an amused smile played on his lips.

"Yep, your good to go." Michael said, slipping the bandage into his jacket pocket.

"Good, I'm gonna head to the arena for a bit of practice."

"I was headed there also, wanna double up and train together?"

"Sure, but you gotta go easy, I'm gonna be rusty." I laughed.

He smirked. "Maybe."

I rolled my eyes, and together we walked to the arena.

   When we got to the arena, there wasn't a lot of people there. I spotted Brooklyn, by her long braid down her back. She looked focused, so I didn't bother her. I saw Marcel too, working with one of the Athena kids on defense. He took a second from the lesson to wave at me. I waved back, and earned a look from Michael.

"What?" I asked, slightly confused from the look.

"You like that kid?" He questioned, pointing at him and looking quite surprised.

  "Yea, what's wrong with him?"

    "He's a Hermes kid. And he's so... Nerdy."

I blinked. "And?"

He shook his head. "Whatever. Let's just train."

He walked a few feet over to the racks, and grabbed a short silver sword from the intermediate racks. I knew he had his own sword, along with a bow and quiver, but he preferred not to show people.

I pulled out Riptide, but before we could even get started, Brooklyn-who had just finished with her lesson- rushed over to Michaels side.

  "Hey Michael, do you wanna train together?" She asked, very flirtively. (Is that a word?) I held in a laugh at her tone.

"Not right now, I'm training with Atlanta." He replied, careful to not aggravate her.

She took notice of me, clearly for the first time since the beginning of the conversation, and sneered at me, talking to me with her eyes. I read the message rather clearly.

   Don't steal him, he's mine.

I nodded, still holding in a laugh. Her hair flipped as she walked off, and as she walked around a tree, I saw her look back at me again before disappearing.

Michael scoffed, shaking his head, but he smiled at me, and drew his sword.

  "Let's begin, shall we?"