Chapter 5: Lets Get The Party Started

(There are character descriptions above, more to come as the book progresses)

After finishing the last of my activities, I made my way to the Aphrodite cabin for the party. I was prepared for the place to be filled with girls, smell like hairspray and perfume, and glitter everywhere. Surprisingly, there was only four girls there, and it smelt like a cabin, and wasn't covered in glitter. 

                    "Where are the rest of your cabin mates?" I ask, Brooklyn greeting me with a hug. 

                    "There are only three more, and  they are boys. I guess they are out and about somewhere" She replied, her thick British accent filling the room.

                    "Oh okay, I just thought your cabin was a bit bigger."

                   "This is enough people. Now come on! We need to get you ready." Brooklyn said, in the preppy way she did when she was excited. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to a makeup counter. It was a sparkly dark pink vanity with big lights on the frame of the mirror. It was covered in makeup, hairspray, curling wands, and several other things. 

                 "Is this all yours?" I question, sitting down on a stool in front of the mirror. 

                 "Yep, but I share. I don't use it all on a daily basis though, but I have it for cases like this." She replies, shoving stuff into boxes under the mirror to make space. 

                "What do you plan on doing?" 

    Brooklyn studied my face and hair. 

               "I don't wanna do too much, you already look perfect with nothing on. We'll worry about your clothes later, the hair and makeup will take much longer." 

             "Yea, for sure." I laugh. 

Brooklyn pulled at the waves at the ends of my hair. 

"I'm thinking about straightening it, and then maybe." She walked around to my front, grabbing a small section of my side bangs and twisting it, and pulling it around and pinning it to the back of my head. "How 'bout that?" She asks, smiling. 

     "Nice." i say. 

      "Okay, and I'm going to surprise you on makeup. I have an idea to enhance your natural beauty." 

I smile, and Brooklyn went to work. While the flat iron was heating up, she divided my hair into four sections, and ran her fingers through them to take the tangles out. Finally, she started, going over each section three or four times with the heated flat iron. It didn't take that long, and when she was done, the ends of my hair reached my lower back. 

    "Wow, your hair is so long, I'm jealous." Brooklyn laughed, running her hands through my hair again. 

I also laughed, touching the long bangs of my soft, dark hair. 

     "Alright, makeup time, turn around." 

  "What are you gonna do for yourself?" I asked, turning towards her. 

    "Don't worry about me, I'm worried about you." She replied lightly, touching the tip of my nose slightly. 

     "Why?" I asked, throwing my hands up and laughing. 

     "Because of." She rolled her hand, as if mentioning someone. 

I got the clue after a couple seconds of it replaying in my mind. I rolled my eyes.