Chapter 7: Sword Practice Gets Percy Falling

I spent the next few days training like crazy. I had missed quite a bit of one-on-one training with Percy, along with group practice with the camp. I had a lot to catch up on.

I was having a quick and easy training session with Percy, who was helping me catch up to the group on offensive strikes. I scaled them with in half hour, so we moved onto the days lesson.

"We began teaching defensive strategies yesterday, which included blocks. We are going over forms and practicing the blocks today. Thought I'd show them to you." Percy said rather fast.

Riptide gleamed at my side. "Okay, what kind of blocks?"

"We taught head blocks, front blocks, and angle blocks." He said slowly, showing me the moves as he said them.

"Okay, they seem easy enough." I said as I jumped up and down, rushing my blood to keep keep me alert.

"Head block first. Your assuming your opponent is going for a front strike, so that's where your sword lays." I did so as he said it. "But to your surprise, he swings around the his sword ends up above you in the matter of seconds."

He did as he said it would be, in the matter of a precious second. Immediately, my sword swished up and I crouched down, ready to roll out of the way as I would in a normal fight.

As an instinct, my sword collided with his as I jumped up, and I pushed so hard that Percy fell backward, falling into the sand.

He grinned wildly, "Impressive. Your pretty amazing with that sword for a young hero like you."

I smiled as well. "Thanks. And sorry for knocking you over."

"Nah I expected it if you did the block and reverse attack as well as you did. The only problem was that your sword was point almost upwards, and if you do that your opponent in a real fight has the opportunity to swing under your sword and disarm you. Got it?"

I nodded, and we quickly moved onto the next moves. Not to brag, but I aced them almost immediately after about two tries. Percy had given me some helpful pointers to perfect them.

"Good job Atlanta." He said, as I capped riptide and shoved it into my black ripped jeans pocket.

"Thanks."  I said. "See you tomorrow?"

"See you tomorrow"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey hey hey, sorry I'm not updating. School is getting in my way, but I'm getting to a point where I can start again.