Chapter 7

When the police got there They had the ambulance come and rush my mom to the hospital. On the way there i sat in the back of the ambulance truck with her holding her hand the whole time. I was praying to god to not take my mother away from me.

Once we got to the hospital they rushed my mom into a room and i wasn't allowed in there. I had to go into a room myself so they could see if i broke any bones. Luckily nothing serious happened to me. Only a few cuts and bruises. I was sitting in the waiting room for about 20 minutes until the police came over to me and wanted me to explain everything that happened to me. I told them everything and then when I told them that Russell got away they wanted me to give them a detailed description of him.

That night I went home and my grandma came over to watch me. The police had somehow retrieved my bag that had my clothes and my phone in it. When I turned my phone on I had a text message from Lia's phone...

"How is this even possible?! LIA IS DEAD" I said to myself. As I unlocked my phone the text message read "Danielle, you really shouldn't have stabbed me and called the police like that. I can see you right now but you can't see me. I will be watching you and I will kidnap you again. Have a nice night Danielle, this will be the last night you sleep in a bed. Oh and if you show this to anyone then i will go in your mom's emergency room and kill her right now myself. Trust me, I will know if you tell anyone."

When I finished reading it I immediately ran to my window to see if I could see anyone but all I saw was an empty street. "I'm not ganna just let him take me without a fight. I have to be prepared!" I said to myself. I knew that my mom had kept a gun down in our basement and there was no windows down there so Russell couldn't possibly see me. When I went down there, I opened the safe and my mothers gun was missing...