Chapter 5

"Mom?" Danielle said. "Yes honey its me please don't kill yourself, I have some explaining to do..." Mom said. " "Danielle, about 2 years before you were born I went out with a different guy. I thought he was the love of my life until I started noticing that he was just a little off. This man Russell is your real father..." Mom said. "The man that's trying to kill me right now is my father!?!?"Danielle said.

"Okay this is enough talking for you to. Now its time for me to talk. When I met your mother I thought she was the best thing that has ever happened to me. But when she told me she was pregnant with you I thought everything would change. So this is why Im trying to kill you so things can go back to normal." Russell said.

So I just found out that the father figure I have had my whole life is not really my dad and my real dad wants me dead all in one day.

After Russell told me that he bolted the window shut and left the room for the night. All night my mom and I were just talking so she could explain everything and why all this happened. But the next morning when I woke up something seemed to be different...

There was a blanket over my mom, "why would he give just my mom a blanket and not me? Oh yeah he wants me dead I forgot." I thought to myself. I was in there for hours and my mom still hadn't woken up. I wish I could go over there and try to comfort her but I was all tied up.

A few moments later Russell came in and said " okay Danielle it's time for the next game. He grabbed me a chair to sit in. Then he forcefully grabbed my mother and laid her out on the floor. Then he grabbed this machine with 2 tubes. He said "through one of these tubes water just comes out. But the other tube a substance will come out that will kill your mother. Pick the right one and she doesn't die. And if you don't pick one I pick for you...."

He gave me 10 seconds to choose but if I chose wrong than my mother dies.. Once I had 3 seconds left i just blurted out "the right tube!" As he turned on the machine the liquid that came out was.....