Chapter 1) Lucky

Ectoplasm. It made the city of Amity Park, but now it seems to be breaking it.  There will never be enough. A growing city with a a growing population, the wealthy can only survive. Unluckily for Daniel 'Danny' Fenton, he was not one of wealthy.

         That day was like any other day. Danny woke up at six o'clock in the morning. A little earlier than usual, but hopefully early enough to avoid the beatings from Master Dashwood. Master Dashwood is the factory owner's son and heir. Danny dropped out of school about three years ago to help pay for his family by working at the factory.

       His sister Jasmine, on the other hand continued school. She was stubborn enough to convince their parents to let her continue school. She would argue  everyday with their parents to let him continue school, but to no avail. Danny understood why he needed to work, but not how Jasmine got out of it. 

        He went to the kitchen hoping to find something to make breakfast with. He was lucky to find eggs, but that would take too long to cook.

         "Danny?" His sister called out to him, standing in the doorway of the kitchen. "I have already made you lunch. Go get dressed, I'll make breakfast."

         Danny wanted to argue, but knew that he would not win the argument. Instead, he nodded sluggishly and  went to his room.

Their house was a reasonable size. Everyone got their own room and there was even two bathrooms. The most interesting part of the house was the basement where their parents did their work.

Their parents, Madeline and John 'Jack' Fenton, were Ectolarks. Ectolarks 'muck' around in rivers for residual ectoplasm. Then once they got enough, they would purify the ectoplasm in the basement (the basement is known as their 'lab').

Danny got dressed in plain trousers with suspension cords and a button up shirt. He only had three work trousers (with a shirt for each) and one church trouser (with a shirt).

Once he got dressed, he found a plate of scrambled eggs in the kitchen. Danny looked over at his sister. She was wearing a blue Lorena skirt with a white blouse. Danny frowned at his sister's skirt. The skirt was long in the back and came up just to the knees.

Jasmine must of saw the judgmental look on Danny's face. "What? I can't change up my look?" She asked, clearly offended.

Danny blushed. "No, it's just that I think our parents will have something to say about your outfit." He responded with a little sarcasm.

"You know they'll be out late again. They will not see the outfit. Plus, it's also a perfectly fine thing to wear in public. " Jasmine pointed out.

Danny shrugged at it being fine to wear in public. He just thought the skirt showed a little too much skin for 'just school'.

        Danny sat down at the kitchen table and hastily began to eat his eggs. After finishing his eggs, he realized that Jasmine was staring at him. "What? Do I have something on my face?" He asked.

         "No, it's just...I-I've never realized how skinny you are. " Jasmine replied sadly.

         Danny didn't know what to do. He wanted to tell his sister that it was okay, but that would just make her feel guilty.