Karkat/Davekat fics

Okay so there's a LOT of um... Interesting ways that Karkat is portrayed in fanfictions. I, for example, tend to make him kind of a softie. Yeah, it's not how he really is, but whatever right? Doing shit like that sometimes is okay.
BUT OH MY JESUS WHEN YOU CAPITALIZE HIS DIALOGUE.
Trust me. I get it because I did it for the first few chapters of Stri Dos and Dont's but like fuck me sideways if you do it all the time. And like some of the insults people come up with for him to say just blow me away. I don't know whether to love them because their ridiculousness is accurate or hate them because they make no sense. Like when people make him call somebody a cantankerous strawberry? Like please go reevaluate your life.
I ALSO HATE WHEN THEY SAY I LOVE YOU AND KISS ON LIKE THE FIRST DATE.
This is not a thing that real people do in real life situations. If you're making out with your friends and saying that you love them while at a sleep over like you need to calm down a little. I've made out with my friends during sleepovers but it never ends well so don't do it. Also it just really cuts the story short and then you're trying to pull bullshit out of your ass to lengthen the story and then it becomes so forced that it's unreadable.
There is also the way overused "oh I don't want you to see my eyes" "oh I don't want to tell you about my blood" ordeal.
Okay. Listen carefully.
This is a very cute aspect to use in a fic, but ONLY IF USED CORRECTLY AND IN MODERATION. I'm prone to use this in fics, too. It creates a bonding point between them. However, if you just constantly make the story about that insecurity, it gets old. Very fast.
That's all I can think of rn. Sorry for the super delay on stories. I've been drawing a lot. This story right here though? It's gonna go far. I have many complaints.
So yes enjoy that for now.

~L3X1B1RD~