Chapter 7

We both froze there for a moment. My head felt so light. I couldn't think straight.

"Ahhh" I stuttered. I didn't know what to say to him.

"I am sorry Coraline" he said as he got up and walked out of the room like he just realized he left something boiling in the stove.

I just sat there. I didn't want to follow him.

It seemed like forever before he came back with a towel and clothes in his hands.

"Here is a towel and some clothes for you to change into. Sorry if they are too big, they are the smallest I got" he said handing them to me.

I took them. He stood there looking at me like if waiting for me to say something. But what was I supposed to say?? 'I am sorry that I kissed you Mr. Maze, I am sorry that you took me in your arms and kissed me back and I am even more sorry that I want to kiss you again'..... yea like that would work.

"I'll leave you to change" he said after a few seconds of hardcore staring.

"Thank you" was all I managed to say.

Mr. Maze turned around and left closing the door as he got out. I quickly dried up and changed.

When I was done I walked out of the room to find Mr. Maze standing by the entrance door looking at me. A small smile appeared on his lips for a few seconds but disappeared quickly.

I looked down at myself. The shirt was so big on me that I had to tie it at the back and it almost looked like a dress. The yellow/black shorts were falling off. I looked ridiculous.

"Okay I am ready to go" I said putting my hair up.

We walked to his car and I immediately got in. Didn't want to do anything that might make Mr. Maze talk about what had happened back there. That was the last thing I wanted to do. Talk.

A flash back of us in the ground, soaking wet, his arms around me holding me close, and our lips together ran through my head. I slight smile began to appear in the corner of my lips but I killed it thinking it was not normal to kiss your teacher.

He dropped me off. We didn't spoke to each other on the way at all. I tried my best to make absolutely no contact of any sort with him. I didn't even say goodbye when he dropped me off.

Before I left his car he made a gesture as of ready to say something but I just left.

I walked to my house and opened the door. My little sister Ashley came running in as soon as I stepped inside.

"Coral!" she screamed.

"Hey Ash, what's up?" I asked. She did not answer my question but looked at me and giggled.

"You are wearing boy clothes Coral, ewwww you have boy cuddies"

I caress her face with my hand.

"Now you have them" I laughed.

Ashley jumped and ran laughing. "I have boy cuddies!"

I walked to my room and and locked myself in.

I took my time to change of Mr. Maze's clothes and change into my normal clothing. As I picked up the clothes I unconsciously picked up Mr. Maze's shirt and pressed it against my face. It smelled like him. That cologne that made shiver inside.

"Coraline I need to talk to you real quick sweetheart" mom said from the other side of my room door.

"I'll be down in just a sec mom" I said throwing Mr. Maze's shirt to the corner.

"okay hurry" I heard her say going down the stairs.

I quickly hid the clothes and pick up my crap around the room.

"How was school today?" mom asked when I finally took my place in the table.

"It was good, thanks"

She sat down next to Ashley and took out something from a bag. It was weird and slimy. Ewww. What was up with people thinking the grosser it looked the fancier it was? They called it exotic. Exotic my butt.

"Stop looking at the liver like that Coraline. It's our dinner," mom said putting it away. "We are having company tonight. Sense we are leaving first thing Monday morning your dad and I want to make sure someone keeps an eye on you"

"Mom, I can take care of myself"

"Well that's not what we have seen the last couple of days Coraline"

"But mom.."

"No buts. The person that is going to watch over you was highly recommended by your principal Mr. Right. Your temporary guardian will have dinner with us tonight with tour principle and please be mature and polite with him"

"Fine mom. I still think I don't need anyone to watch over me but if that makes you feel better then fine"

"It will. He will be with you until we come back, think of him as a best friend that you will have time to get to know for a month. Besides he is a staff member of the school"

"Oh great"

She glared at me.

"Okay fine"

"Thank you. Now shoo I got lots of things to do"

I got up and walked outside.

The weather was really nice for a walk. I went down the street and noticed I actually had neighbors.

There was a very tall woman on the other side of the street. She was on her knees planting and next to her sat a little girl with the most beautiful dark brown hair I have ever seen. I stood there looking at them. The little girl looked at me and waved at me. Like she had known me forever with a very sweet and welcoming smile.

A soft vibration against my leg knocked me out of my little world. I answered my insisting phone. It was a text message from mom. I had to go pick up some funky cheese from the store.

I took my sweet time to walk to the store and back.

When I was back home mom said I had to get ready for company. So I went to my room and changed my clothes.

The door bell rang and I ran to open it like such a gentlewoman.

"Hi Mrs. Coraline, thank you inviting me for dinner" Mr . Right said smiling.

I didn't invite you my mom did, I said to myself. "You are welcome, make yourself at home Mr. Right" I waited for him to come in and waited for my future guardian.

I heard a car door closing and someone walking. Did the guy think the guy think he was walking the red carpet? He sure looked like it. I swear it was hours before he reached the door.

"Hello Coraline" Mr. Maze said in a very serious voice.

My jaw fell open. What was he doing here?

"I'll suggest you close your mouth. Don't want any flies to get in there don't you?" he said closing my mouth as he walked in.

Mr. Maze?? My guardian?? Crap.

He turned. A smirk on his lips.