Chapter #2

"Coraline dinner is ready" I heard my mom yell from the kitchen.

I finished reading the first chapter of the Crucible and went to eat dinner.

As usual dad wasn't home for dinner. It was only my mom, my little sister Ashley and I.

"Coraline I believe we have to talk" she said taking her apron off and sitting next to me.

"I know mom"

"I know it wasn't your fault and I know it's very important for you that you graduate, but how are you going to try your best when you get in fights?"

I knew better than to try and tell her otherwise so I just sat there.

"Honey you are not a little girl anymore. Your dad and I can't fix your problems like when you were five"

"I am five mommy" said Ashley sitting in her chair. She looked adorable. Her beautiful golden locks were all tangled up.

"Yes honey, you are" She said. She smiled proudly.

"I am sorry mom, I'll behave"

"You better Coraline. We are leaving tomorrow night to get on the cruise and I am just not sure if you can stay by yourself"

"I will be good mom" she looked at me indecisive.

The rest of the night my mom and I didn't speak to each other. I locked myself in my room.

"Oh shit I am late for school!!" I screamed getting out of bed next morning. It was 8:05 and school started at 8:00

I quickly got dressed and ran to get a pop tart for breakfast but I couldn't find them. There was a note in the fridge. It was mom telling me that we were having dinner with someone today before they left and wanted me to be there. Awesome.

I ended up just grabbing juice and drove to school. What was I going to tell my teacher? My second day and I was late? I quickly walked inside school.

"Coraline?" I heard behind me. I turned around to see Mr. Maze.

Man he looked adorable. Black jeans and a blue and purple stripes button up shirt. His hair was messy. Made him look like a bad boy.

"Oh whats up Mr. Maze" I said looking at the ground avoiding his dreamy hazel eyes.

Why are you in such a hurry?" he asked a dazzling smile on his face.

"Cause I am late to class, and you are making me even more late"

"Oh yea you are" he said with a smirk.

"What are you smirking at?"

"Why is it illegal to smirk?" oh how funny.

"Well no but"

"no buts you are late. Come with me" he said serious.

What was his problem. First he was jumping of happiness and now he is all 'dont look at I'll kill you'.

I walked with him to his class. He opened the door. His classroom was empty.

"Where are your students?"

"library" he said very careless. "but sense you were late now you have to clean my whole room as a punishment. Start off with my desk" he said grabbing an orange and sitting in a chair.

Seriously? He was making me clean. "this is so stupid" I muttered to myself.

I put my stuff down and started to sort the papers out neatly. Then he made me clean the board and get all the gum out of under the desks. Damn freshman.