Chapter 10

I got to school in such a hurry I didn’t notice James was waiting for me at the schools main entrance until I heard my name called very loudly.

“Coraline” He ran to catch up with me. I smiled when I saw him. He was wearing exactly what I had told him to and honestly I was very proud of myself because he looked hot. His short hair combined with his purple button up shirt and black dress pants changed him completely. He wasn’t even wearing glasses.

“Wow you look NICE” a smile from ear to ear appeared across his face. “But you should really wear your glasses changing your look doesn’t include accidents.”

“Oh I am fine. I am wearing contacts.” He looked down trying to hide his blush, which was a complete and total failure.

“If you had contacts then why do you always wear those bottle tops?” I asked laughing.

“Because I felt safe, people couldn’t see me but I could see them.” He leaned in and hugged me. He smelled nice. “But you taught me that I don’t need to hide. Thank you. Now I really hope my dream girl likes me.”

“You have what you need now go my boy. You have my blessing.” I joked. He laughed.” “Well got to go or ill be late for class.” And walked out.

Agh Valentine’s Day. It wasn’t really valentines until Saturday but I guess we have to celebrate it in school. The hallways were decorated with hearts and in the windows there were cupid stickers. I never understood how a baby in diapers could make people fall in love but then again I had never really fallen in love. Then there was a huge banner in the middle of the hallway that said “The day for love and friendship. Be my valentine!” it was sooo bright.

“OUCH” I screamed in pain as I fell to the ground with another individual On top of me. I looked back and stared at the beautiful eyes that were contemplating me. The most beautiful hazel tone I had seen in my life. His breath against my cheek felt warm and the touch of him in me felt surprisingly comfortable, I could feel my skin shiver with a cold and hot sensation. It kind of freaked me out that I could feel this way.

“Ahhhhh” A sound came from my lips breaking the moment.

“Sorry Coraline, watch where you are going.” Said Mr. Maze grabbing his books and handing me my backpack. “Don’t be late for class.” He turned away coldly and left. My stomach twisted. He had been so warm and welcoming a few days ago and right now he was as cold as a glazier. How could the same person have two different feeling about me? I felt sad. I lost him. I had lost Mr. Maze.

What am I talking about? He was never mine. He was my freaking ENGLISH teacher.

I stumbled all the way to my first hour class. I was in too much of a bad mood to pay attention to any of it. I heard Mr. Charles constant complains of my lack of attention towards the math subject but I couldn’t make myself pay attention. The same happened in music and in anatomy. Until I got to my reading class.

As soon as I walked in I noticed there was a girl in the seat that was mine which was right next to Mr. Maze. She was talking to Mr. Maze. Her black hair combed neatly back. It seemed like they were having the time of their lives.

"hmmm" I cleared my throat.

They both looked at me in shock like I had caught them stealing a cookie from the cookie jar.

"Yes?" Mr. Maze stares into my eyes like saying 'I don’t need you anymore. I found someone else'

that broke my little chicken heart but I held my head high.

"Where am I supposed to sit?" I asked looking at the intruder in my seat.

"With the rest of class of course" he pointed at the front seat I occupied the first day of school.