CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

The Aftermath

The following day, the wedding engagement between Isaac and Phoebe were all over the papers, the TV news, the radio news, and the internet.

As Phoebe went out of the lobby to the driveway of the condo to get to the company car, she was swarmed by so many reporters. The security personnel of the condo had to ask the company driver to meet her at the basement parking.

When they reached Zenith Tower, where the five consecutive office floors of POSH were located, there were also a lot of reporters outside. The company driver had to drop her off to the entrance by the parking area inside the building.

As she reached the floor of her office, she was greeted by her immediate subordinates. Christian Korrs, the gay Creative Team Head of POSH – Filipinas also informed her about the feature of her wedding in one of their lifestyle magazine. CK, as she fondly called him, didn't even give her a chance to argue. CK already had the go signal from the main branch in New York for such feature.

She also received several congratulatory emails from her colleagues in New York. As she was about to start on some paper works, she received a call from Isaac. He was still at the camp.

She replied, "Hello, honey. How are you?"

He said, "I'm fine. I saw the news. I'm really sorry that you have to be swarmed by those reporters. I already consulted your uncle about security details. He told me that your new SUV shall be delivered today. For the meantime, two of his security officer will be at your disposal. They'll drive for you and guard you."

Phoebe sighed, "This is one of the reasons why I don't like dating a celebrity. I lived a quiet life in US before. And during my first few months here at the country, I also had managed not to attract the attention of the media."

"I'll be there this afternoon. I'll fetch you from your work," he informed her.

She asked, "So how's everything there at the camp?"

He said, "Everything is sorted out already, honey."

She informed him, "My company wanted a feature of our wedding in one of our lifestyle magazines. CK didn't even give me a chance to argue. The feature will also appear in the magazine in New York and in other countries. The world knows you well because of your international sports career as well as your international product endorsements in the past."

He replied, "Everything will go back to normal after the wedding, honey. Don't be so stressed out."

"How can I be not so stressed out? Your Mom and Mommy Mariana are planning a very grand wedding. The details are giving me a headache," she shared. "Can we not just have a civil wedding? That way we just need two witnesses."

He answered, "Let's talk about this later, honey. I need to preside a meeting in a few more minutes. I love you."

"I love you, too," she uttered.

"Okay, bye," Isaac ended the call.

Phoebe went on with her work. It was about lunch break when she received a call from her father.

She answered, "Yes, Dad."

Her father asked, "I saw the news about your wedding engagement. Why all the rush?"

She said, "Both families wanted us to marry right away. Isaac and I also love each other so we agreed."

"Okay," her father uttered, "Can you meet me for lunch, baby? I have reservations at Missi Pavilion in one of their private dining areas."