CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Del Torre's Downfall

August 11, 2014. Monday. 

 As scheduled, Isaac arrived at the Lucero Mansion.

Del Torre's group had a surveillance report that the Lucero heiress and her husband had already returned from their honeymoon. They were really surprised when the car used by the Gutierrez heiress and her husband had come out of their exclusive village to visit another exclusive village where the Lucero Mansion was located.

Don Tobias' men who were following the Isaac's car had confirmed their suspicion that Del Torre's men were watching them. Such had been relayed to the authorities as well as the security teams of the Luceros and the Zuluetas.

Phoebe was at her designated bedroom in Lucero Mansion with Georgina, Louisse, and Allyson when Isaac went up to see his wife after exchanging pleasantries with the older Lucero women downstairs. It seemed that Georgina had skills in crocheting and she was teaching her cousins. There were already finished crocheted mittens, socks, sweater, and bonnet sprawled on the large bed with all the different yarns and hooks.

It was Georgina who first noticed Isaac. "By all means, come in Isaac. Phoebe here misses you so much already. Girls, let's give the lovebirds some privacy."

After exchanging greetings and pleasantries, his wife's cousins put on their crocheting materials in the black rectangular storage bin and then left. Georgina even locked the door for the two of them.

Phoebe kissed and hugged Isaac immediately as soon as her cousins left which lead to a passionate union of their bodies. They showed each other how much they missed one another.

Afterwards, they cuddled and talked.

Phoebe asked, "How long will you be staying, honey?"

Isaac replied, "I'm not sure, honey. Our security teams suggested that I stayed for a while. But our doppelgangers will leave tomorrow morning. I was followed by Del Torre's men just as we all suspected. They would trap them tomorrow."

Phoebe wished, "How I wish it will all end tomorrow? I really miss going out already. I cannot even do some bonding time with my cousins outside."

Isaac kissed the top of her head, "Let's hope for the best, honey."

She reminded him, "Lunch will be served in half an hour, let's take a shower now so we'll be freshened up."

They did. They had a sumptuous lunch with every Lucero in the mansion except for Georgina who had left to join a business social luncheon meeting with James and a prospective business partner, who was also with his wife.

After lunch, they had a chat with the rest at the family room.

Aunt Estella requested, "I hope that once this ordeal is finished, you two can visit us in Scotland."

Isaac replied, "We'll try, Tita."

Allyson added, "You really should. I was still in high school when Ate Phoebe last visited. Now, I'm already done with my tertiary education and about to have my own career once Mom and I return to Scotland."

Phoebe then asked, "Was it that long already?"

Aunt Lourdes then said, "Well, you'd busy with your career after graduation. You focused just on work and your graduate studies. And during your vacations, you would most likely spend it in the remotest areas of the world helping out underprivileged people."