CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE

Roller Coaster

August 3, 2014. Sunday. 

 Jose Del Torre had successfully escaped the Missi Penitentiary at around one in the morning. Later in the day, Lucas and Naomi flew to Singapore. They already started the preliminaries for their online fashion boutique for both men and women. Naomi would be in-charge with the fashion aspect while Lucas would be in-charge with the business aspect. Lucas actually had a bachelor's degree in business administration and accountancy. He also passed the licensure examinations for accountants. He had no criminal records like Naomi.

Jose Del Torre had successfully escaped with the help of the senior members of the syndicate. He hid on one of the safe houses of the syndicate that only few in their group knew about. Even Lucas was not aware of the place. Lucas' uncle knew that the boy was too good to be involved in the criminal activities of the syndicate so he was the one chosen to lead the group. He had trained Lucas for the job but when he found out about his daughter, his plans for Lucas had changed especially when he noticed that Lucas liked his daughter. He knew Naomi wouldn't want to get involved in the syndicate. He talked to Lucas and he agreed on the deal. Lucas got to have her daughter in exchange of the renunciation of all his rights on the syndicates' fortunes. Jose wanted a normal life for both of them and so Lucas agreed without even thinking twice. Lucas had his own money which didn't come from the syndicate.

Jose started his plans of revenge. He ordered his men to gather all the information about Tobias and his daughter Phoebe.

Meanwhile, Isaac had more time for his wife already with the CMOS program fully installed in all his businesses.

Whenever Phoebe had to go out of their home once in a while she would be in disguise and would be heavily guarded.

Georgina's problem with her former abductors already ended so Phoebe had someone else to talk to regularly again. Georgina also visited Phoebe often. Mommy Ava also often visited Phoebe upon Isaac's request.

But the news of the successful escape of Jose Del Torre from Missi Penitentiary had shaken them up so much.

Authorities had been doing their duties to find him but their efforts seemed futile because Del Torre had hidden himself very well. There had even no trace that the syndicate had regrouped already. Although the authorities found out that Naomi married the nephew of the former godfather of the syndicate, the two had been living an honest life together as a happily married couple. They also found out that Lucas had cut all possible ties with the syndicate. All the control to the money Lucas inherited from his father and his uncle were all transferred to the ownership of a company named Leon Enterprises, which the authorities believed to be the company account of the syndicate. The only things left on Lucas Castillo were the ownership of the Castillo Manor and the hefty bank account he inherited from his rich mother who wasn't married to his father. He used to work as an accountant of Leon Enterprises. Its President was a lawyer by the name Agapito Sanchez. The business was legal and their operations involved import and export of several products. But the authorities feel that Sanchez was only a dummy President but they had no enough evidences yet.

August 8, 2014. Friday.

Isaac and Phoebe, along with their families, attended the wedding of James and Georgina. Phoebe was so happy for her cousin. The grave threats to her life had already come to an end. She also wished that the threats to her life would end soon as well.