The First Day - Pt 1

Monday

Blink....blink......blink

"Ugh" I grumble. It's Monday morning and the start of my first day at Riverside High school.

 "Sweetie it's 7:30, you are going to be late to your first school day!" Mum shrieks from downstairs. 

"Yes Mum!" I hiss back. I roll over off my bed and slam right into the hard wooden floor. "I hate this" I whine to myself rubbing my throbbing knee. I stumble around my room looking for decent clothes. Black skinny jeans and a white t-shirt. I examine the clothing carefully. A red stain is easily noticeable on the shirt. I toss the shirt across the room and frantically try looking for a presentable shirt. I finally decide on a plaid flannel shirt. I chuck on the shirt and squeeze on my jeans. It takes me 5 minutes to pull the jeans over my hips. 

"Isla come on!" I hear Mums voice roar. 

"I'm not ready yet!" I shout. I hurriedly put on my black boots and grab my bag and race downstairs. I throw makeup and breakfast in my bag and scurry into the car. Mum is sitting in the front seat impatiently. She is beeping the horn at me.

"Okay!" I yell.

"Come on its almost 7:45, you start in 10 minutes and its takes 10 minutes to drive there! Mum screams.

Mum darts the car down our quiet street and races onto the highway. Zooming past trucks and buses till she finally reaches my new school. Riverside high school. Students were barging into the school doors.

This is a new start.

The reason I moved was because of Dad. Dad is in the defence force and the opportunity to move to Los Angeles, California came up and he decided to choose it. We moved from Sydney and it's kind of hard adjusting, it's nothing like back home. Mum pushes me out the car. 

"Good luck." She whispers and pecks me on the forehead. 

"Hopefully." I mutter. I amble my way into the front gates. Looking for a sign directing me to the front office.

I speed walk down the corridor and approach the front desk. 

"Hello?" A petite, brunette, green eyed woman questioned. 

"I'm Isla Wilcox, the new girl." I responded. She glares at me looking up and down.

 "Ah yes, you're the Australian. Right?" Her perfume had an overpowering smell of sugarcane and her mouth opened and closed as she was chewing gum, it actually made me nauseous.

She shuffled around the papers and brought out a small piece of paper with a table. "This is your timetable for all your classes you're missing period 1 right now so you better hurry up." She yakked. "What class?" I questioned. 

"Classroom 14, Oh yes and your locker is number 24 and the code is 1479." She handed me my key and gestured her head towards the hallway. 

"Quick, Quick!" She whispered.

First period was Gym and I didn't have all my gear so I decided to skip. I strolled through the school remembering where all my classes were. Looking at every locker 21..22..23 my locker. I punched in the code 1479 in the lock. I put in my key and then waited for the click. I shoved all my books and bag in my locker. I plastered the door with stickers and photos of my home and friends in Australia. While decorating this slender man with piercing blue eyes and a mop of blonde hair came bouncing through the hall. His rambunctious personality put me off. He stared at me. 

"And who are you?" He snarled. 

"I'm Isla Wilcox, I'm new here." I mumbled. 

"What are doing in my locker?" His eyes glared at me.