Chapter 10

A/N: to the right is sexy ass caleb...hmm yummy *licks lips* hope your enjoying the view as much as i am. oh yea ;) lmao enjoy!!

I got in the car and stuck close to the door just in case I needed to jump out. The atmosphere in the car felt heavy and suffocating.

"Caleb," I mumbled under my breath. His reflection in the mirror was intimidating and frightening. He drove out the parking lot like a mad man.

"Caleb," I said a little louder then the first time. I was scared to death when he started to make sharp turns and speeding down the wet road.

"Caleb!" He ran a stop sign and almost got hit by a SUV driving at 55 m/h.  

Caleb took his eyes off the road and glared at me. "What?" His voice hit me like a hurricane and I turned away to hide my tears.

I stared to shiver in fear of what was going on around me. The car was accelerating and all I could think was so this is how I die. My crying turned into sobs and my throat felt dry and rusty. 

I tried to calm down, but I couldn't seem to focus on anything. "I-I'm sorry. I jumped to horrible conclusions without hearing you out and I understand if you never forgive me."

Caleb turned a fifteen minutes drive from school to my home into a five minute drive. He turned off the engine and waited for me to leave. My sadness was instantly replaced with rage as I took in his indifference.

I rubbed my eyes hard and kicked the door open with all my force. "I hate you." I jumped out the car and ran for the door without a second glance.

When I got inside I didn't hear Caleb's car start up again, but a door slamming. I looked out the window and saw Caleb glide to the door.

He opened the door, "Alan told me to stay with you and he meant it."

I crossed my arms across my chest. "I made it home, so you can leave." I started to grind my teeth together in irritation.

"Not going to happen." He was serious and I knew he wouldn't budge.

I went into the living room and shoved my head into a pillow. I could barely breathe with my face against the pillow, but I rather not have Caleb see me like this.

After a while my pulse slowed and my thoughts were clear. I sat up strait and looked around only to find Caleb lounged in Papa's chair.

I slowly walked over to him and loomed over him. I was still confused but I knew one thing was for sure we needed to talk. "What happened to us?"

He sighed a deep long sigh before he looked me in the eye. "I don't know. But I do know that I can't be both."

"Not this again. I don't know much about your job as a protector, but I do know that sometimes you can have both."

He raised his eyebrows. "I don't get what you're trying to pull."

"I'm not pulling anything. I'm just confused and scared and when things got worse I freaked out. I'm a stubborn, aggressive, idiotic, and a jealous girl Caleb. I don't know why I'm like this, but I know that when your not there for me I just can't go on." I was blinking back tears.

Caleb tangled his hands in mine and pulled me down into his lap. The top of my head fit perfectly under his chin. I felt his heart beat fast and the rise and fall of his chest. "I don't hate you," I mumbled as I played with our entwined fingers.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted back there. I took it overboard and if something would have happened to you I'd be devastated. I didn't mean to act like a jerk." I could feel the warmth of his breath on my black hair.