Suits

Aubrey

After hours of arguing and disagreeing, Oliver was finally able to convince me to go see my "new" lawyer...I'm still a bit apprehensive about this lady they were talking about so today is going to be a part of what some may call a trial series and if I don't like what the lady is putting on the table, I might have to visit a few other firms.

I looked at myself one last time in the body length mirror and smoothed out the black suit that I was cladded in and in the mirror I saw a guy who had worked really hard to get where he was now ,but on the other hand I see a guy who has made a series of bad choices, but no one can prepare for this life.I feel like there are a few minor things and traits of mine that I have to work on and change...I'm pretty sure my mom will be really happy about this realisation of mine.

I grabbed my phone which was placed on my vanity table and switched off my room lights ,quickly jogging down the stairs into the kitchen where Chubbs was chewing on a protein bar whilst opening the fridge to pull out some bottled water for the both of us.

"Hey Aubs, you ready man?" he asked me with his mouth filled with the protein bar.

"Man chubbs didn't you mama tell you not to speak with you mouth full? You finna choke on that shit and I don't know CPR and I'm not about to give you mouth to mouth plus I didn't know that you ate protein bars." I said leaning on the kitchen islands with my one hand in my suit pocket.

"Fuck off Drizzy and yes I like protein bars very much they give me the energy that I need to be able to deal with niggas like you." he shot back at me while grabbing the car keys off of the counter and shoving them in his track pants pocket.

"Man whatever." I sucked my teeth and followed suit.

Chubbs opened the door from the kitchen into the garage and beeped the Escalade open.

We all hopped into the vehicle, settled in and soon we were leaving out the entrance of the mansion.

"I guess it's just the two of us Chubbs " I said staring out the window from the backseat.

"I guess so" he murmered back at me glancing at me on the rear view mirror and snapping his attention back onto the road ahead.