Ditch

Drake

Milan has been out of sight for a few minutes now after her sudden mood change. I hope I didn't say anything wrong and that if I did do anything that "hurt" her, she could open up and tell me about it ,but you know how women are, assuming that men can read between the line but most of us truly can't, we need it all spelled out for us . I just hope She didn't ditch me.

"Mr Graham here is your steak and volcano roll for your lady"she sat our plates on the table with a small smile.

"Thank you, can you please refill our glasses, a sprite for the lady and myself."

"Sure,if that's all then." she grabbed our glasses, placing them on a tray and walking towards the kitchen.

After a few more minutes of waiting on Milan, I could hear heels clicking on the genuine wood floor, she finally walked  towards our table, I could tell that she had been crying,she looked flushed and her eyes had a red backround. Oh shit, no I didn't mean to make her cry!

She pulled up the chair for herself and quickly sat down ,placing her purse on the wooden floor by her feet. I could tell that she found it hard to keep eye contact with me. I'm going to try making amends with her, she is one special girl.

I'm going to lift her mood up again...

"Milan are you okay ? I seriously thought you ditched me " I said with a worried look on my face.

"Me? No I would never do that, I just needed a break" her eyes were on me but quickly shifted towards the food seated before her. She seemed a bit embarrased, but I want to make her feel like she can talk to me about anything and everything and not feel ashamed or shy about it. She's a bad liar by the way.

"If you say so,by the way you look good after you cry " I said trying to lighten up the mood, clearly I didn't do anything wrong, she will tell me what ever bothered her whenever she is ready to do so, I'm not going to push her to do something she doesn't feel like doing.

"Whatever, but would you stop staring, it's rude to stare you know." she added with a giggle,but soon her expression changed as if she was about to sneeze or something.

Still keeping the same expression,she  went through her purse taking a kleenex tissue out and holding it to her nose and soon enough she let out the most cutest sneeze I had ever heard before, you know what it sounded like? That moment when you have an infant in your arms and they let out a faint sounding heart melting sneeze out.

"Sorry" she said with her nose all pink since she was of a lighter complexion.

I laughed at her sipping on my sprite. I drink sprite from time to time, but it reminds me of my earlier days as an artist, Sprite gave me the endorsement deal rather than giving it to a then already established artist, so I'm truly grateful for the opportunity they gave me at the time,it opened a lot of doors for me  and hey I'm still getting that sprite money!

"I know I know, it sounds babyish" she opened her purse up again throwing the used tissue in and grabbing a small bottle of what looked like cherry scented hand sanitizer. Squirting it on her tiny hands and then moisturising her hands with the gel.

"So I'm guessing that you Zulu right?"

"Hahaha you Americans though, not all South Africans are Zulu."

"Why is your last name Zulu? Whoa then what are u then?" I sipped on my sprite.

"I'm ndebele, Uhm I have Zulu ancestors somewhere down the line, plus Zulu is my mom's last name and culturally you belong to your dad's culture, it doesn't matter what culture your mother belongs to. " she explained intelligently, I could tell that she was really proud of her culture and where she came from, I too also embrace my native country and the culture that is found there....so I really like that attribute about her .