The lost forest

Leila's pov

I kept running. Running until I couldn't breathe that good. I saw Ethan running the same way as I was. They know I'm gone. But they'll never find me.

Remember how I said I loved nature? Well, I'm hiding in the trees. And they can't find me. They crack me up. If I ever kidnapped someone and they ran away, the first thing I would have done was looked in the trees.

"She has to be around here!" Ethan said. "She can't go that far with her ribs hurting. She'll be back. There's nothing here for miles and miles. Let's go." I smiled to myself in accomplishment. But soon faded when I saw Ethan's face. It was sad. Like he lost something. Like, he needed me.

Nah. No one needs me. I have no family, and no friends. No one will miss me.

Since it was nighttime, I decided to make a soft, decent spot on the tree for me to sleep. I have a long journey so I can get home.

Grayson's pov

"Dad! Leila has run away!" I yelled upstairs. "What?!" I heard, followed by loud footsteps coming down the stairs. "Find her! I want her to be found no later than tomorrow afternoon!" I nodded, and ran out to catch up with Ethan.

Ethan's pov

I can't believe it. She ran away. And we were being nice to her. But now, we can't. Father won't let us be nice. Now, every time she goes downstairs, we have to push her down. She only gets one meal a day. No sunlight at all. We have to blockade the window. We have to get rid of anything of hers, that is useful to run away. And just imagine what my father is going to do. We've had other girls come before Leila. They didn't end well. Bruises. Gashes. Broken bones. Sometimes, he pulls a tooth out. Or burn part of your skin. Or, the whip.

He has a lot of torturing weapons. He uses the ones he thinks needs to be. But he might also use his fists.

I looked around, hoping I could see her. But I already knew where she was. She was up in the trees. She loves nature. How could I not know that? We've been studying her for months. I'm not stupid to know that she loves nature. Being outside.

*next morning*

Lelia's pov

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!" I screamed, as I heard a loud thump, followed by an aching body pain.

I fell down the tree.

Tears filled my eyes, as I held onto my body. The pain was the worst. Worse than being punched in the stomach. Which reminds me - I wonder how drake is doing? Oh well.

10 minutes has passed, and I was currently grabbing my stuff that had also fell with me. I took my ibuprofen because I could not stand the pain I was feeling.

I chugged some water, and I started walking

Off the dirt road I go.