High School

Chapter 2

Liam's Pov:

Today is the first day of senior year in high school. After a summer sitting in my room and writing songs all day, I was not looking forward to sitting in a classroom with a bunch of douches. I'm not exactly "liked" throughout Somerset High. Every person who has half a brain recognizes me as "The dork in the corner with the guitar". I want to be a singer one day, and write music. I want to someday show the world what I'm made of.

I walked into the dreadful school with my head hung low, hoping no one would target me with their rude comments.

"Hey loser!" Brad, the captain of the football team, sneered at me while pushing me into the row of lockers, "I'm surprised you don't even feel ashamed showing your face in this school, after what happened last year."

"Brad please leave me alone." I replied sternly, trying to escape his grip.

"Aww how cute... Little Liam thinks I'm going to let him go." he retorts. His hand clenches into an iron fist, and comes pelting towards my face.

"Brad stop!" A quiet, innocent voice cries out towards him. I turned to see who it was. Delilah Clemente.

Delilah; even her name is perfect. Her long luxurious chocolate brown waves of hair bounce at a perfect tempo when we walks. Maybe it's the way she walked, straight into my heart and stole it. Hmm ill have to write that in my songbook for later on. I've had the biggest crush on her ever since 8th grade. I've always been too shy to ask her out. Plus, why would she want to go out with a loser like me?

"I said, leave him alone." she says through clenched teeth and I could see the hatred in her eyes towards Brad.

"What ya gonna do about it sweetheart?" He said mockingly. His bad grammar went right through my skull. Delilah walked closer to Brad, and kicked him right in the balls; pretty hard as well. Brad fell to the ground groaning in pain. I picked up all my books from the ground, and as I turned to thank Delilah, she was already gone.