First Date: Take Two

~chapter 9~

Liam's Pov:

Silence the whole ride home. She wouldn't even look at me. She just stared blankly out the window avoiding contact with me. Why was she acting like this?

"Delilah.." I sigh and put my hand on top of hers while waiting at a red light. "What's wrong?"

She just took her hand away without moving her head to look at me. Well that's great, our first date was a total disaster.

*20 minutes later*

I pull into the driveway and unbuckle my seat belt. She immediately gets out and walks up the steps to our gloomy house. I walk behind her and open the door with my keys. Delilah steps inside, still without looking at me, and goes straight for Willow's room. I guess I won't be hearing from Delilah anymore tonight.

I entered my room and collapsed onto my bed, wondering what the hell I did wrong. Next thing I know, my mom walks into the room.

"Liam, what happened? Why is Delilah so upset? She didn't seem like herself when she walked into the house." Mom whispers.

I then explain to her everything that happened tonight, which I'm positive Delilah is doing to Willow. Mom nodded her head and listened attentively as I shared my story.

"You have to make it up to her." She whispers to me.

"But what did I do wrong?!" I exclaim louder than I should have. Mom shushes me to keep Delilah from hearing. Girls are freaking confusing.

"You didn't do anything. You're supposed to defend her, you have to step up and be a gentleman. Please just make it work Liam. I know you can." And after that she leaves. I guess it's up to me now.

Delilah's Pov:

"He sat there like a rock!" I cry out. I was not taking this well at all.

"What was he thinking!" Willow shrieks. I explain the whole story to Willow as she soaks up all the drama. "At least he punched the guy at the end! That's good right?"

"Yeah I guess so... But still! He did nothing!" I argue.

"But eventually he did something. You have to understand. Liam gets bullied, like badly, and you know that. He's not as umm, out there as you are. He's shy that's all. I know that he'll become more social over time, now that he has a diamond like you!" Willow giggles.

I understood perfectly what she meant though. If I got bullied as bad as he does, I probably wouldn't have done anything either; It's all just fear. I have insecurity issues and that does get to me sometimes, but not all the time.

Willow and I decided to go to bed and discuss everything in the morning. She offered me her bed, and then went to sleep on an air mattress on the ground.

I twisted and turned all night long. Thinking of Liam, and all the mistakes I've made that night. It was also that annoying room temperature that was too hot for a comforter but too cold to sleep without any blankets. I finally found myself drifting to a peaceful sleep....

* * *

"Psssst! Wake up!" I hear a voice say. What a lovely wake up call. It's about 2 o'clock in the morning.

"Liam?!" I scream whisper at him.

"Oh so you're talking to me again?" He chuckles to himself and takes my hand. "Come on!" He leads me to his car and we both get inside. He starts starts up the engine and leaves the house.

"Where are we going?!" I say excitedly but also sleepily. Did I mention it's 2 in the morning?

"You'll see!" He says excitedly. Then and there I realized I'm done being mad at him; He makes up for it just by being cute.

The drive was long and tiring. I started drifting off every five minutes and Liam had to keep poking me every now and then to keep me awake. The car started inclining upward up a hill. He parks the car on top of this huge hill and gets out. Then he opens up my car door for me and I get out while smiling.

There's not a cloud in the black night sky and the celestial universe shone with bright stars. Liam picks me up and sits me on top of his truck's hood. He goes in the back of his car and pulls out two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches along with juice boxes. Okay this is literally the cutest thing ever. He sits on top of the car next to me.

"I thought this would be a better than the restaurant." He smiles and looks at me.

"Liam I love it! This is perfect!" I exclaim. "And you make really good sandwiches." He just laughs to himself but then the smile disappears, just like my delicious peanut butter sandwich.

"I'm sorry about before..." He says quietly, but looks up sincerely at me. Again, baby me starts to tear up.

"You don't understand."

"Understand what Delilah?"

"I'm so used to being the quiet girl, the girl that no one even knew the first name of. And suddenly everyone's bullying me! All the people in that restaurant were calling me fat and ugly." And suddenly I pulled up my sleeve. Why did I pull up my sleeve and show him the terrible masterpiece underneath.

Liam's Pov:

"Delilah Clemente! What the hell were you thinking?!" I nearly scream at her. I didn't even realize tears coming out of my eyes until I tasted the salty tears upon my lips.

"I-I don't know..." She whispers and looks down embarrassedly at her lap. Delilah pulls down her sleeves without another word. I pull her sleeve back up, and get a pen. The smooth ballpoint dances gracefully upon her skin. I wrote my name on her wrist.

"Now every time you put a blade to your arm, you're killing me." I say as I look at her. I pick her head up so she's looking directly into my eyes. The next thing I did was completely unexpected from my behavior. I leaned in, and closed the gap between our lips.

I pulled away lightly and saw that Delilah was already smiling. I took hold of her hand. I knew what trouble was on her mind next, but I didn't dare to say it aloud. So I did what I do best, I sang it to her instead.

"People say we shouldn't be together, we're too young to know about forever. But I say they don't know what they're t-t-talkin about. 'Cause this love is only get stronger and I don't wanna wait any longer I just wanna tell the world that your mine girl. They don't know about the things we do. they don't know about the I love you's, but I bet you if they only knew they would just be jealous of us. they don't know about the up all nights. they don't know I've waited all my life just to find a love that feels this right. Baby they don't know about they don't know about us." If only I had my guitar with me, there would've been a greater effect. I love over at Delilah who is all teary eyed.

"Thank you Liam. I love you." She huddles closer to me and hugs me tightly.

"I love you too Delilah." I say as I wrap my arms around her. This is far better than an Italian restaurant.