The First Date

Liam's Pov:

"Is she your girlfriend?" questions my mother. I roll me eyes at her.

"Mom, we haven't even been on a date yet." i answer back. This woman always needs to know every simple detail in my life.

"So you let a stranger in our house to stay here? She could a murderer for all i know." she laughs at her own little joke, while i laugh along so she doesn't feel left out.

"No Mom! You know how much i like her. She's important to me. She will pull as all together as a family again, i know it."

"You better take good care of her. Dont let her get away." my mom says. She's right, she always is.

I go to Willow's room to check if Delilah is ready. I invited myself in, but Willow slammed the door in my face, almost breaking my finger in the doorway.

"She's not ready Liam! Omg person space!" I swear, Willow talks like she had been washed up on the jersey shore and then thrown into a middle school.

"Sorry! Jeez Willow, i'd just like to see how my princess looks." I say through the door. From the inside of her bubble gum pink walls, i hear the sound of unbloting. Damn Willow, how much privacy do you need? She comes out of her room and stands right by me, as straight as a needle.

"Please welcome, drum roll please... Delilah!" says Willow in her best introduction/sport announcer voice. As if on que, Delilah comes skipping out of Willow's room and twirls around into my arms. I could really get used to this. I look down at her and smile. Shes wearing an off white high-waisted skirt with a pastel pink tank top. Her hair was perfectly curled with a silver bow in the back, and she just looked flawless. I lead her down the stairs, and we went into my car. I drove to an italian restaurant with some strange italian name that not even the workers know how to pronounce. Nothing, absolutely nothing could ruin this night.

Delilah's Pov:

Willow is a true makeup genious; she turned the monster into something actually pretty looking. I walked into the restaurant with Liam and he requested a booth. It's like he read my mind. I always prefer booths over the unconfortable wooden chairs. Booths make you feel hidden, hence what i like feeling all day. But this time, the booth offered no privacy whatsoever.

I could literally feel all the pairs of eyes glued on me. Little did we know, tonight this sprecific restaurant was holding a fundraiser for Somerset High. Why does our school need more money? Litterally every couple and groups on double dates sat at the tables surrounding us. What happened to me feeling invisible?

"Ew! Delilah Clemente and Liam Payne!? Nasty! Delilah you can do do so much better!"

"Liam Payne? I thought that kid died a year ago!"

"Ew! Look at Delilah! Her outfit looks like it came from the 50's!"

"World's worst couple!"

"Does Liam even wash his clothes?"

"Why is she with a washed up loser?"

"Delilah is freaking ugly."

"I thought he was gay..."

All the rude whispers were getting to the best of me. I looked down at my lap with tears in my eyes wondering what my next move would be. And then there's Liam, doing absolutely nothing about it. Wow Liam, i thought you were better than that.

"Hey losers!" Brad comes over to our table and sneers. He has his arm wrapped around a tall blonde slut. "You guys are like a thing now?"

"Yes. We are." I saw bitterly to his face. One good thing i can actually compliment myself about, i'm not afraid to say what i think. And if you get on my nerves, you better watch out. "And who's the ugly pig next to you? I'm guessing you two are a thing?"

Liam still sat there, defensless.

"Bitch please! I'm prettier, skinnier, and more popular than your fat ass!"

Liam, still defensless. What's his deal?

"You know what?" I stood up abruptly from the booth and make the whole table shake. "I don't give a crap what you say! I'm happy so what?! I don't need you here critizing me!"

I thought that was how you get rid of a bully.... Did i mention Liam is STILL defensless?

"Bitch! Bring it on!" she screams at me. She has the typical "I'm a badass cheerleader" voice. Suddenly, her fist comes straight at my face. Just like Dave would do...

The fist never touched my face. I opened my shut eyes to see that Brad caught her hand before it made severe contact with my face.

"This wasn't the deal Amanda." Brad says in a hushed tone into Amanda's ear.

Amanda, suddenly remembering her script lines, came back to reality.

"I'm so sorry Delilah. I dont know what came over me. We wanted to know if you would come hang out with us tonight." Amanda says bittersweetly.

"She's busy tonight." Wow. Liam FINALLY says something.

"You know what? I think i'll go with them." i say right to Liam. All the eyes that were glued to me suddenly all grow mouths and their "oohs" fill the whole restaurant.

"Fine. Have fun." Liam replies without making eye contact with me. He's letting me? He's definitely not the guy i thought he was.

I started following Brad and Amanda out of the restaurant while trying to hold tears back. A hand grabbed my wrist and i spun around on my heel to see who it was.

"Don't leave... please." whispers Liam. I refuse to look at him.

"Ha! The gay faggot is actually crying! Hahahah!" sneers Amanda. I've had enough of her. "I guess you're going to stay here with your little cry baby aren't you? Good, an ugly prick like you shouldn't even be seen breathing the same air as me."

"Shut up Amanda! I'm done with your crap! And you too Brad! Delilah is the most beautiful girl in the world! And nothing you can say wil change my opinion of her! So back the f*** off! Say something to her again and i swear i'll...." Liam stirnly yells at them through clenched teeth. His arm is gripped tight around my waist. Amanda snickers.

"Fat whore." this time it was Brad with the rude remark that he "coughed" towards Amanda and the witnesses.

Suddenly, Liam takes his arm away from my waist, and punches Brad straight in the jaw.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i decided to give y'all somewhat of a happy chapter(; i ship Delilah and Liam so dont think that i don't want them together! hahah. Remember to like, vote, and comment! vafldvhgDIfuhg Liam is just too cute. -Hanna