Chapter Eight

The next day, Melody woke up at around one in the afternoon. She had stayed awake the rest of the night thinking about the wolf she'd seen. To this very moment, Melody didn't know whether she was dreaming, if she wasn't then she must be going crazy. Dream or not, she had decided on naming the wolf, Midnight.

Yup, you're definitely going crazy.

Getting up and out of bed, Melody went quickly to the bathroom and returned to her room. She looked longingly at her bed, wondering if she should keep on sleeping or go out. Before she could even reach her bed, there was a knock at her door. Furrowing her eyebrows, she wondered who it was. She made her way towards her door and looked through the peephole.

"Crap!" Melody had completely forgotten Logan was coming to pick her up. She decided on whether she should tell him to wait or let him in till she got ready. Her decision was made when, Logan, started knocking on the door more forcefully.

"Okay! Okay! I'm coming! No need to break down my door!" She opened the door and Logan immediately stepped in, eyes wide looking around frantically.

Oblivious of the way he was acting Melody said, "Yeah, sure come inside. I'm fine by the way. Thanks for asking."

"Who was in here?"

"What do you mean," she asked confused. "No one has been here besides me and now you."

"I smell something different. Someone besides us has been in here."

"Smell? What do you-," Melody froze, someone else besides us has been in here. Has he finally found her? Next time there will be no warning, were the words he wrote in his last letter. Then why hasn't he killed her yet? Why hasn't he shown his face? She suddenly remembered those red eyes she'd seen last night. Was he watching her sleep? She shivered in disgust at the thought. Melody could vaguely see that Logan was still talking, but she had no idea what he was saying.

"I-I have to leave." Melody walked quickly into her room, opened her closet, took out her suitcase, and started throwing clothes inside. Logan following closely behind.

"What do you mean you have to leave?" Logan asked incredulously. When she didn't answer him, he grabbed her arm and turned her around to face him. "Melody! Why do you have to leave?" Melody hadn't realized that she was crying until he wiped her tears away.

Not thinking straight, she sobbed, "I have to leave! He's here! He's found me! I can't stay here anymore!" She turned and finished packing her suitcase. She quickly made her way to the bathroom, grabbed a bag and put all her toiletries inside.

"Who's 'he'!? Tell me! Maybe I can help you."

"You can't! I can't stay here, if I do he might kill the people I've gotten close to." As she said those words she was looking right at Logan.

"Don't leave," he whispered. "I can protect you, I won't let anything happen to you. But please don't leave." His words broke Melody and she knew that he meant them, which is exactly why she had to leave. She couldn't bare having him get hurt because of her.

Melody grabbed her suitcase, keys, Ipod, and a bag with a few of her personal things and started walking out. "Logan, I'm sorry, but I have to go. I really liked getting to know you." She said while putting her stuff inside the car, if she dared to look into his beautiful eyes she knew she would take on his promise and stay with him.

"Melody! Wait!"

She quickly got in her car and closed the door. Starting the engine, she locked the doors and backed out. Melody didn't dare look back, afraid that she'll turn the car around and let him protect her and shield her from everything. Unfocused of where she was going and with tears in her eyes, she didn't see the car that came out of nowhere and crashed into the driver side. Then everything went black.