CH 6

Darcie's POV

I'm watching laurna sleep. Shes so peaceful but the bruises and scratches make her look like something out of a horror movie. I've been talking to mum and dad and we are thinking about adopting her, her brother and her sister. There life is terrible and i don't want Lottie growing up into an abusive home.

Laurna's POV

Walking down the the street the cloud of fog starting to surround, The only light from the old street light dangling from the lamp post. I turn around I see them coming towards me. I run. Im running as fast as I ever have I suddenly see 5 male figures coming through the fog towards me, I start to run towards them but they get further and further away from me. I try to scream but my throat is clogged i start coughing a clack liquid pouring out of my mouth. I fall to the floor. The 5 figures disappear into the fog I turn around he is there "Hello pretty Girl".

"AAAAHHHHHH" I scream jolting upwright I look around realising i'm in darcies bed. I look to the bedside table 5:00 am. Ugh I slip out of bed and put darcies fluffy slippers on. I shuffle out of the room and walk down the stairs the the kitchen. I open the top cupboard near the window and place it on the island bench. I swing open the fridge door the fluorescent light blinding me for a minute. I turn to face the fridge door and grab the milk and place is on the bench. I untwist the cap and pour the milk into the cup i watch as it sloshes around the cup and finally setteling when i finish pouring the milk.

I turn to put the carton back into the fridge closing the door i turn and notice a small pile pf papers on the counter I wonder over taking a sip out of the glass. I shuffle them around just the usual bills and bank statements until one catches my eye. I pull it out from underneath the pile of paper. Leaning against the black marble counter I start to read over the paper "adoption paper lourna teatlie, Lottie teatlie and Oliver teatlie" I whisper under my breath.

"Looks like you found it" says a voice i whip around to face them. "Darce is this true?" i ask, she nods her head slowly. I feel my eyes prickling then the single tear sliding down my cheek. "Oh my gosh darc oh my gosh thank you thank you" I say suddenly I bring my hands up to my face touching my cheek they are wet. I cant stop my self i fling myself into her arms sobbing into her chest. "o-oh d-dar-c th-thank-k yo-ou so so mu-uuch" I say crying into her.

---------------------

~next morning~

I hear the click of a photo being taken and a small giggle. I feel a weight on my legs moving up towards my stomach. I pretend to be asleep and when I feel her on my lap i jump up and grab her around the waist. She starts to laugh hysterically and falls off the bed and lands on the carpet with a thud. She jumps up and runs out of the room laughing. I hop of the bed and start to chase her through the halls laughing as well. I catch up to her picking her up spinning her around. I plop her on the couch. "Lottie why did you take a photo of me?" i ask her with a grin on my face. "nwot twelling" she says. "fine then it looks like the - TICKLE MONSTER HAS TO TICKLE YOU ARGGHH" I joke. I bring my hands up while doing tickling motions.

"oo-okww-way" she says so i stop tickling her. "I wantwed a phwoto bwecwause youwl be away fowr swo lwong" she say. She looks down and starts to scuffle her feet on the carpet. "aww don't worry lottie i wont be away for that long and i leave tomorrow so we have the whole day together" I smile at her.

after getting dressed into a white t with grey sleeves, black high waisted shorts and some work man boots I go in to Lotties room to get her dressed i find her wearing a pink skirt and a white t with butterflies on it. "wow Lottie did you do this by your self"? i ask her. "Yes" she says proudly. "And you said yes properly oh i'm so proud of you baby" i say tearing up. "well what should we do first"? i ask her. "oh oh i knwo lets bwake a cwake" she says excitedly. 

------ 1 hour later ------

'ding' The over timer went off signaling that our cake had finished cooking "Lwornwa The cwake has finiwshed" say Lottie running over to the oven. "hang on a minute babe let me get that" i say slipping on my oven mittens. I open the oven door a puff of steam comes out and i pull the cake out from the oven. "okay Lottie we have to wait 45 mins for the cake to cool and then we can ice it. And then we can  go to the park!" I say in an energetic tone. She loves the park. We go their a lot when we try to escape home. 

------ after the park ------

I pull into the driveway. I unbuckle Lottie from her car seat placing her on my hip I grab my key and wallet locking the car and walk t0 the front door. "Hellooo" I call when i walk into the hallway. "We are in the kitchen" a voice calls 

A/N: Hey guys sorry for the late update I've had exams and stuff I have another week of exams coming up again ugh kill me hopefully the next chapter will be out next week not sure yet thanks for reading guys!!! <3 love you all xx